• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris limited build is a joke!

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
“Limited quantities” ?

Do you guys actually think you won’t be able to buy one off dealer floors next season?

Snowcheck hysteria, I tell ya

These are the most expensive snowmobiles Polaris has ever made, they are going to do all they can to sell as many as they can regardless of any of this supply chain bs. And they will change their business model and production plan to accommodate it.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
“Limited quantities” ?

Do you guys actually think you won’t be able to buy one off dealer floors next season?

These are the most expensive snowmobiles Polaris has ever made, they are going to do all they can to sell as many as they can regardless of any of this supply chain bs. And they will change their business model and production plan to accommodate it.
I agree. I think some will be available after everyone gets sobered up after the hype.? 20k plus is some coin. + tax +extra warranty+ financing for some. Instead of who payed the least for a sled thread, we should have who paid the most for their Matryx? Maybe not.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I agree. I think some will be available after everyone gets sobered up after the hype.? 20k plus is some coin. + tax +extra warranty+ financing for some. Instead of who payed the least for a sled thread, we should have who paid the most for their Matryx? Maybe not.

Could be true.

However nothing like that materialized this year after the local dealer was the largest snowcheck dealer in north America.......

Pretty much only now are there used sleds creeping down towards reasonable prices.

Zero new (mountain) sleds available in the state.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I agree. I think some will be available after everyone gets sobered up after the hype. 20k plus is some coin. + tax +extra warranty+ financing for some. Instead of who payed the least for a sled thread, we should have who paid the most for their Matryx Maybe not.
When the 850 came out it was snowcheck only, local dealer (carls) didnt have any floor models to sell.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Could be true.

However nothing like that materialized this year after the local dealer was the largest snowcheck dealer in north America.......

Pretty much only now are there used sleds creeping down towards reasonable prices.

Zero new (mountain) sleds available in the state.
They aren't stupid. Saying snowcheck only then dealers flooded with vehicles in the showroom is how you kill brand image and hurt dealers as well with ruining relations.

Now, cat on the other hand, those guys love snowcheck only and full showrooms in the fall too! lol

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
“Limited quantities” ?

I am so relieved to hear the solution, and that availability will not be a problem. I'm just going to run my ordering through you - currently near sold out of RZR's, Rangers. Totally sold out of all Honda ATV's, all Honda side by sides, all Kawasaki ATV and SXS, KTM 300's/most XC/XCW lineup and about 1/2 of the kids bikes across all brands. When do you think you can ship all that out? I have sales ready for all that....so it doesn't sound like it will be a problem. LMK

Last edited:
F

FirstAscent

Feb 25, 2021
West Coast
There’s nothing about Fairbanks that would ever make me “miss living there” ?

What a depressing place.
haha, fair enough, I loved my dry cabin there. I did spent a lot of time in Healy, Girdwood, and Seward though. So I didn't stay put.

In regards to availability from dealers, I am curious how all that will play out at the end of the year. I'm not too familiar with the SnowCheck process in full detail yet but weren't QD2 options SnowCheck only last year? I've seen some new listings for QD2 so that's what got me thinking about it.
But maybe these are from people that cancelled and the dealers were left to sell them? Or, are dealers allowed to SnowCheck?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
haha, fair enough, I loved my dry cabin there. I did spent a lot of time in Healy, Girdwood, and Seward though. So I didn't stay put.

In regards to availability from dealers, I am curious how all that will play out at the end of the year. I'm not too familiar with the SnowCheck process in full detail yet but weren't QD2 options SnowCheck only last year? I've seen some new listings for QD2 so that's what got me thinking about it.
But maybe these are from people that cancelled and the dealers were left to sell them? Or, are dealers allowed to SnowCheck?

Dealers installing QD2 to move in season sleds......

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
A few new QD2 models seemed to ship in late Jan/Feb (which would be really weird in any other year). The ones we received were international models, so either the European markets weren't as strong as North America, or they were just using whatever parts they had available to get a few additional units out the door. Also there are QD2 dealer demo models kicking around that hit the market this time of year. Earlier in the year, any QD2's on the market were likely cancelled Snowchecks. Any way you slice it, most dealers could have sold more sleds (and most everything else) this year if not for supply issues.

And again, even if not ideal, Polaris's production has actually done really well in the grand scheme....still fell short of demand, and still have the odd unit/part on mega BO, but they DO have a constant stream leaving the factories, and are running at/near full steam. Their problem is more that they need 25-35% more production capacity to fill the Covid era demand level, and that is called expansion and building new factories....not a quick fix. By comparison, the Japanese brands are really struggling to get much of anything built in certain segments (eg ATV, SXS).

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
There will definitely be people who put $500 on their credit card and can't come up with the financing or cash to pick the sled up next December. Time to start kissing your dealers ass if you don't have one!

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
I'm not happy about the limited amount of boost sleds either. My problem is Polaris unveils this incredible machine that's now all over my social media but you can't have it. I seen our local dealer sales guy post early this morning they had already sold out! I've actually thought about going back to Ski Doo for next year they'll take my money lol and I didn't care for my 17 850 Doo, I hated that chassis but at least I can get what they are pushing!
yep they handle like garbage but if i can get one sign me up . i think i would pass on that

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Somehow they found my crashed snowcheck request and it was handled yesterday. No emotion when I didn’t think I had one coming. What good would come from getting pissed?

In general, bad data seems to be so much more the norm over the past 5 years.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
yep they handle like garbage but if i can get one sign me up . i think i would pass on that

Maybe you ride with some bad riders or poorly set up machines. The Doos I’ve been with this year have been equaling and/or killing the Poos in super deep snow.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
I’d tell you to eat a dick but you are probably already choking on one.

Tell me, how is Polaris not announcing the patriot boost as limited and forcing their dealer network to do it after the fact not a legitimate complaint?
Exactly piss poor poo planning pondering projected performance in sales

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
The last limited build campaign had a limited units to each dealer. Is this one the same??
Each dealer is allotted 3-4 ??
Or limited to first 3000 checks received from consumers .??

Premium Features