• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris is a Sh@# show

C
Dec 14, 2020
little birdy told me It will all be fixed in a few years when they revolutionize the sport with the new platform sporting a brake and belt drive like cat's!
hurray!!! win for everybody!

Damnit!
I really enjoy making fun of my buddies about how easy it is to access and work on the Polaris drivetrain compared to his cats.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I took from it, the brakes have really close tolerances and riding with your finger on the lever activates it. not really a poo issue but more of a riding style issue. I you wanna ride the brake, its gonna get hot. If you dont ride the brake its not gonna get hot. Simple solution grind down the lever or dont ride the brake. Lots of people ride the brake in their vehicle and heat up/ wear out the brakes and the blame isnt on the manufacturer. Its a choice to ride or not ride your brakes.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Wow that was completely useless!!! He really said nothing, except SAFETY.
I heard a lot more too. I heard that the brake being dragged for excessive time at speed heats up so keep an eye on it and don't drag it on purpose. 99% of the fix is understanding the condition and avoiding it and monitor closely. There is very little play between the lever and plunger so a guy might need to do a bit of filing to feel comfortable.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
So, they issued a stop-ride while they figure out how to make the brakes idiot proof?

Either there's more to it, or this is just beyond ridiculous.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I heard a lot more too. I heard that the brake being dragged for excessive time at speed heats up so keep an eye on it and don't drag it on purpose. 99% of the fix is understanding the condition and avoiding it and monitor closely. There is very little play between the lever and plunger so a guy might need to do a bit of filing to feel comfortable.
This.

3dlogik lever.

Done.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013

I ride with one finger on the brake lever. I heated up my brake rotor , pulling the lever ever so slightly. No doubt the new master is very sensitive. I bought the TKI lever, and the bend helps. But hey.. If you drag the brakes there going to get hot. I considered trying a Brembo clutch master off a KTM.

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
So much BS in that video. How about instead of wasting time making a useless video that gives no info. You get your ass to work and get me my two 22's fixed and get me my two 23's. Dubois has 6' on the ground and here I sit. What a bunch of ass clowns!!!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
So much BS in that video. How about instead of wasting time making a useless video that gives no info. You get your ass to work and get me my two 22's fixed and get me my two 23's. Dubois has 6' on the ground and here I sit. What a bunch of ass clowns!!!
Why don't you ride your 22's? Are you scared? ?

Premium Features