• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Indy 550 144 2’’ track?

joeracing1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2009
Hi,
I’m in the process of modifying à Polaris Indy LXT 550 for my son into a RMK.

Is a challenger 2’’ track can be fitted without changing the 9 tooth driver for a 8 to gain clearance?
Thanks

joeracing1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2009
just for everyone knowledge it works, I also ordered the top chaincase gear from the adventure 550 155 to give it a bit more torque and compensate for the 2’’ lug

C
Feb 21, 2008
Chanhassen MN
I am currently doing the same build, and plan yo post the build to Youtube. I am doing React front end, rmk seat cut down, 2" 146 track, pro rmk lightweight low inertia drive shaft, cut tunnel, 850 pro rmk running boards, spi carbon can.

joeracing1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2009
I am currently doing the same build, and plan yo post the build to Youtube. I am doing React front end, rmk seat cut down, 2" 146 track, pro rmk lightweight low inertia drive shaft, cut tunnel, 850 pro rmk running boards, spi carbon can.
Great idea, there’s not a lot of info on this other than Burandt pictures of his son sled...me I’m almost completed in my built I’m just missing the upper gear in the chain case from a 550 155’’ to gear it down a bit, I would like to put a lithium battery or super capacitor and a ggb can cause the oem weight a ton...finally a UFO from thunder product in the carbs (it’s the only mod that I found for these 550...?)

C
Feb 21, 2008
Chanhassen MN
Great idea, there’s not a lot of info on this other than Burandt pictures of his son sled...me I’m almost completed in my built I’m just missing the upper gear in the chain case from a 550 155’’ to gear it down a bit, I would like to put a lithium battery or super capacitor and a ggb can cause the oem weight a ton...finally a UFO from thunder product in the carbs (it’s the only mod that I found for these 550...?)

I had also wanted to do the lithium battery, but the UFO is a great idea!

F
Jan 3, 2008
Have you been able to post your build on youtube yet? I would love to see it.

F
Jan 3, 2008
What is the factory gearing for a EVO 550 RMK? What gearing are you changing to? Didn't know UFO's were still available I used those in my 1996 Ultra. Be curious what jetting you end up with. What Elevation do you ride at?

Thinking about it more I am surprised they don't use flat slide carbs. Aren't flat slides supposed to be better than round slides?

joeracing1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2009
Finally end up selling it and bought a RMK Axys 600,I used the gearing for a 550 155’’ but for what is inside a evo I don’t know but you should be able to see it in the parts sites...didn’t installed the UFO finally...it was a good sled but in serious backcountry not so good...they should really make them injection it would cure one of the major down of this sled...

Premium Features