• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris guys help!!

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Hey guys I don’t know much about Polaris sleds have been a cat owner all time. But I am looking and wondering if possible to take engine from a 1995 Polaris super sport 440cc fan and put it In a 1996 Polaris 488cc Indy trail sled? I was thinking of doing this for my youngest boy to ride. Any info wether this is a direct swap or not be great. Thanks

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
The part numbers are different for the engine mounting plates. They look the same on the parts fiche but dimensions may be different or it might just be a matter of drilling some different holes in the plate. You would have to do a physical comparison to know for sure.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I think retiredpop is right. Not a direct bolt-in swap, but mounting plate differences is about all you should have.
Once you get it mounted, you should be able to get the rest to go in with minor troubles.

S
Mar 16, 2008
Idaho
The Super Sport used the P90 clutches and the Trail used the P85 clutches. Use the clutches from the trail and you'll be ok. Otherwise you'll have to swap out jackshaft to the splined one from the Super Sport

Premium Features