• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris gripper ski brace / stiffeners

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
do you have screws screwed through the ski into the front of the rubber damper as well?
looks like it

T
Apr 3, 2019
Looking at your installed picture, can you run your skis in the offset position or will the spindles hit the end of the bolt and nut?
Seems like it would be better to run the bolt the other way or tap threads in the plate itself with a shorter bolt and no nut.
Thanks for making these I just ordered two pairs.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Looking at your installed picture, can you run your skis in the offset position or will the spindles hit the end of the bolt and nut?
Seems like it would be better to run the bolt the other way or tap threads in the plate itself with a shorter bolt and no nut.
Thanks for making these I just ordered two pairs.

I test assembled everything with the screws going the other direction and they will fit.

You could also just use long rivets to attach the clips to the ski’s.

Tapping threads in the plates almost doubled the cost of materials so I went with the cheapest option.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
New ebay link.

I had some durapro’s pop out of the pocket on crashes (upper arm ball joint replacement hit)

Adding the wood screws fixed that.

D
Dec 15, 2020
New ebay link.

I had some durapro’s pop out of the pocket on crashes (upper arm ball joint replacement hit)

Adding the wood screws fixed that.
link don't work

Premium Features