• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris get rid of carbon stuff?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Noticed on my 21 khaos that carbon fiber is no longer on the overstructure and rear bumper? This a 21 thing or a khaos thing?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
I thought that was a Khaos thing. I sure hope they don't get rid of it for the pro.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I was curious more than anything, the CF overstructure was a selling point more than anything

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I looked at the carbon fiber parts that Polaris had made. They had all the parts made in India or China, they all use a wet layup cheap version of carbon fiber..Carbon fiber done the right way is much stronger than alum, much!! its all about then price of the part, cheaper is not always better! Please don't rate all carbon fiber on what Polaris did with some parts...

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I looked at the carbon fiber parts that Polaris had made. They had all the parts made in India or China, they all use a wet layup cheap version of carbon fiber..Carbon fiber done the right way is much stronger than alum, much!! its all about then price of the part, cheaper is not always better! Please don't rate all carbon fiber on what Polaris did with some parts...
Agreed. I called it dumb because of the cheap layup. It wouldn't surprise me if they used polyester resin. CF done right costs 10x the cost of aluminum. The weight savings in those parts wasn't worth the time or expense. It looked cool though.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Was always mountain sled marketecture, and it worked. Glued lower a-arms were just dumb, cost over function. At least they figured out the belt drive. Mass produced engineering innovation isn't always easy. Wouldn't be shocked if poo knew the carbon thing wasn't going to last, but it helped support their marketing story.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I know on '20 models the Pro still had it and Khaos had aluminum.

If you break your pro carbon ones, order the khaos aluminum parts. Its about 1/3 of the cost.

Premium Features