• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Footwell toe loop Fix

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Many injuries have occurred to us Poo riders getting our feet stuck in the footwell and someone might have posted this fix.
After considering many options I came up with a simple fix, layed my sled on its side and took a small sledgehammer with an 18” piece of 2x4 and beat on the toe loop from the bottom side starting at the outside edge where it curves and progressed along the straight over to where it attaches to the tunnel. Changed the clearance from the toe loop to the running board (plenty) to allow the boot to roll over and not get caught. I’ve come close to getting hurt from my boot getting caught between the toe loop and the running board and have read about many who have been injured. Problem solved, no cutting, welding or structural change to the sled. It’s a great feeling not having to worry about having my feet forward and under the toe loop!

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
I just got back riding last week from a broken ankle last December, due to my boot caught in the Polaris toe loop. I considered bending mine up as well, but they did not look to be structural, so I cut them off. Don't miss them, problem solved...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
That toe loop is the most ridiculous design i have ever seen!!! Can't believe they are still this low. Needs to be raised about 1.5" higher and all would be good. It is just a matter of time until it "bites" you.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
It is downright shameful that this is still a issue. Needs to be redesigned for sure. BTW I bent mine up using 2x4 & large hammer. Much better clearance now for my size 13 boot.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Has Polaris ever said why they make them so tight?

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Bring back "Ankle Savers"!!!! I have a set and like them would like another set along with many others.
 <div> 
<div>I tried to get him to make more this year and he said they weren't profitable for him. I would have bought at least six pair from him because all my friends want them as well</div></div>

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
any pics with it cut off? ordered a 2020 and coming from doo, ive never liked that loop and will more than likely just cut it off

G
Mar 18, 2018
Calgary
I will try to add a pic when I can.
After reading this - I went out and banged mine up with a 2x4 and small sledge. Moved up 3/4" easily. Can't even tell if you were to look at it (looks stock) and my boots are able t o twist out now. 5 minutes total. Everyone should do this

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Only pic I have. 3 of us that have axys in our group have all cut them off with no issue. One buddy got his foot stuck couple months ago and tore some tendons. We all cut them off after that. Will be the first thing I do if I get another Polaris
50a43a94b1d6754254982320ec68fa5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
How long till someone sues Polaris over this?

More than likely they have already, and certainly threatened. The two US OEMs get poked at almost every month. All those ads on TV for personal injury lawyers are not just for show. Any settlements would be non disclosured, and suits themselves would have to be discovered by state. It's a known issue, like the self-adjusting glued lower a-arm. That one is waiting to kill someone.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I took a small auto floor jack and wedged it between the rail and foot loop. Then placed a cut to fit 2x4 under the rail to the floor as I jacked the foot loop up a bit while standing on the sled. Worked great and doesnt seem to be a problem with my klim boots anymore.

Premium Features