• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Polaris Boost at Jackson Hillclimb???

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Does anyone know if any of the racers were running the new Polaris Boost turbo setup in their axys mod sleds? If so what kind of boost levels did they run?

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Yes couple of guys running the Boost setup & pretty sure have been since beginning of the season. Running a small can & enlarged intake where the glovebox would be.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Kieth has been 100% running one this season, I bet if I listen to some video's of last year there was rumors he might be running them then as well.

I believe the Thomas' were running a few of them as well with just a race can and who knows what for mapping/power levels.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
Kieth has been 100% running one this season, I bet if I listen to some video's of last year there was rumors he might be running them then as well.

I believe the Thomas' were running a few of them as well with just a race can and who knows what for mapping/power levels.

Keith’s turbo last year sounded so quick and lag free it makes me think it was a prototype.......

C861E28C-3561-49B1-A330-0D8A1A4959E5.jpeg

Sled on the left.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY

Yes sir

Aug 12, 2018
His mod sled sure sounded angry!

The helium hood and custom intake on the mod sled on the left in that photo are definitely of interest. Anyone recognize that intake from an aftermarket manufacturer?

With boondocker as one of Keith's main sponsors, it's hard to imagine him riding another non boondocker turbo in his mod sled, but hard to guess without looking under that panel.

Jan 4, 2011
They’ve been running the Patriot boost setup for 2 years now in the RMSHA series. Polaris engineers work directly with Keith Curtis’s team on R&D, data logging and tuning.

The can is built by Polaris, the intake probably is also but I’m not 100% sure.

they wouldn’t tell me how much boost they’re running.

Photos from other thread

C5C53A9C-1F8A-4AD5-B75A-A599D93F62B0.png 92C69F25-851B-4FB6-A608-4E6BB94C83C5.png

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Anyone notice any big names missing? Couldn't help but think that I sure wish I had an improved 900 to run. There at the end this event sure picked up and became quite the show! First Jackson in a while that the hill looked challenging (more so then possibly last couple years) all my opinions. I'll ask bd tomorrow when I call about other things - same topic though lol.

Lots of things changing quick in the industry! Looking forward to it. Rise to occasion, and bring others up with ya if ya can?

Last small anecdote- what if we have a civil war this summer, do I still get my sc boooost?
089bda71919d79f51d55bf93789b73cd.jpg
2a5be3c56a6bb4497ffa7ca237fc1a23.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Premium Features