• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris bike???

E
Dec 19, 2007
I hope they re cast the cases with a longer output shaft with room for the disk brake in board of the sprocket. Atk did that years ago.

E
Dec 19, 2007
I don't like 4 strokes either but you guys need to get on board with this. It's the future of snow biking. Not another snow hawk or conversion kit with blablabla flashy shocks. It will be at least 30 pounds lighter than a kit and probably over 50 pounds lighter on the ski when the rider is on it. That's the selling point. (And it still has a shifter/clutch : ' )

M
Mar 13, 2019
Ill pass on the 4s. The only one that I've seen hold up is the yamaha, but even then it's still over complicated, heavy, expensive, and underpowered. I've got two sleds in my garage with 4000miles that get ran almost exclusively at wot. Not to mention the turbo sled. 2 stroke is the way to go. I'd really like a cvt for the snow. But I can see the packaging problem.

Before timbersled got bought out they were collaborating with BRC on a v twin 600 120hp purpose build with a cvt. They say it was as narrow as a bike... we have the technology.

Also Arctic cat filed similar patent drawings a few years back. It featured (presumably) the 400cc blast single 60hp hooked to a cvt. Trellis frame and a lower seat height.

I'd like to see this new polaris concept realized but I'm not getting too excited. We may get one of these at some point but I think if polaris is still selling kits and making money on them, then they are going to hold back a purpose built till it makes financial sense.

Still it's progress, at least we know, they know the way lol

Attachments

• Arctic-Cat-Snow-Bike-5.jpg
    Arctic-Cat-Snow-Bike-5.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 33
Premium Features