• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

?Polaris belt drive

K-DOG2

Whiskey Dreamer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2007
MN
UH OH! lol. if you find you have any issues or setup your not impressed with, feel free to message me, I really enjoy helping guys get their setups dialed. I know that I have an absolute riot every day on my sled and want to make sure everyone else enjoys their setup the same way. Nothing like being able to beat on your sled on back to back to back lines in deep snow and not worry about heat soak and fade as well.
Thanks, Installing her tonight. Be out in island park next week to try it out.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Converting a chain case sled to belt drive.
Who has ran the 25t and 24t top gear?
is the 24t better in the trees?
I think the 25t will net the same ratio as the chain. Not sure if i want to go lower or stay the same.

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^^
I have TRS clutching, the chain is already much lower geared than both polaris belt drives @ 2.32:1
25t (2.32:1) is the recommended ratio by TKI. I am thinking of trying the 24t (2.42:1)

Sent it

Last edited:
K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I tried the 24 Tooth for a few rides. It pulled crazy hard - I switched to a 25 tooth and it was more manageable for me. But - this is my first time back on a sled in 20 years.... and it was in pretty wet snow. If you have softer snow the 24 may be the cats pajamas.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I tried the 24 Tooth for a few rides. It pulled crazy hard - I switched to a 25 tooth and it was more manageable for me. But - this is my first time back on a sled in 20 years.... and it was in pretty wet snow. If you have softer snow the 24 may be the cats pajamas.
I did the same. With my clutching the 24 tooth was very aggressive. Like the smoother 25 feel.

Premium Features