• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 850 / Arctic Cat Tether Cable?

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Does anyone know if you can still get these somewhere? I bought 2 last year and they were great with the AC magnetic tether.

I sent a text and email to the guy that was selling them last year, but haven't heard anything.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
For you guys that like to build you own harnesses I found a supplier for the AC tether:
Connector for tether: Newark Molex Connector
Terminals for tether: Newark Molex Terminals
The seals are an issue from Newark they show backorder from UK Newart Seals Looks like you can get them from Mouser Mouser Seals. I had some red metripack seals in my stuff and cut them down shorter and used them.

Deutsch connectors: you re-use the connector used for a dust plug. You will pull the green wedge out before inserting the pins.
Terminals if you don't have the deutsch tool: Newark Deutsch Stamped Pins
Terminals if you have the deutsch tool: Newark Deutsch Solid DT Pins

Hooked mine up today and it worked great, way better than the clip type tether I had!

Last edited:

Xgraphite

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho
Bought the whole setup from TKI - harness, tether and bracket. Looks well made.
What he said. I ordered the tether from ZRP but didn’t want to drill another hole in my plastics. I saw TKI has a nice bracket that mounts under the handlebars where the base of the tether mounts.

P
Jun 8, 2020
For you guys that like to build you own harnesses I found a supplier for the AC tether:
The seals are an issue from Newark they show backorder from UK Newart Seals Looks like you can get them from Mouser Mouser Seals. I had some red metripack seals in my stuff and cut them down shorter and used them.

Deutsch connectors: you re-use the connector used for a dust plug. You will pull the green wedge out before inserting the pins.

Hooked mine up today and it worked great, way better than the clip type tether I had!

awesome dude, I was looking everywhere for this! I found them on digikey.ca using manufacturer part numbers you had. If anyone wants to buy them in Canada let me know.

hunt_ak

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2009
Wasilla, AK

You don’t happen to have more info on how you put this together? I have everything I need for this but the harness/wire to go from the Arctic Cat Magnetik to Axys 800.

I see the 850 uses the Deutsch connector but on the 800’s they are plugging into a two blade older style connection. I know I could just put blades on the end of the wires and tape them but having a connection would be best.

Last edited:
Premium Features