• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pipestone, Luverne, Worthington....

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
Got alot more snow Christmas Day (5-6 more inches) and is making for some nice riding now down here in Southwest Minnesota. Just an update for y'all! IT'S ABOUT TIME!

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
From Sibley, Iowa - bout 8 miles south of Mn border or 18 miles south of Worthington. We ride up by Slayton alot - really nice! My dad lives there.

Down here in IA we ride Highway 9 from Spirit Lake to Rock Rapids - pretty nice ditches. Groomed except for the county I live in. Need to start a snowmobile club!

B
Sep 3, 2004
SW MN
www.itctel.com
When there is snow at home ride around lake benton, tyler, pipestone and that route or just hit the off dictches but that is starting to catch on also. I know chunky (from tyler) wussow, seth, dallas sitziman use to live there, jerromy simonson, Kelly Klumper pretty much if they have a hot rod of some sort I know them some way or another. I am the guy who has the silver and black stripe comp ta that is supercharged that comes to town once in awhile. (the guy in the wheelchair)

Patrick

G
Dec 15, 2007
how much snow is left

from mitchell sd looking to ride a little got to get sled det up just wonering if there is still snow over there

S

slednutz

Nov 28, 2007
Pipestone, MN
www.theslednutz.com
It woudln't be worth your time to drive here some ditches are rideable but the snow is rock hard. I havn't seen a sled out since it started getting warm so unless we would get a couple inches it would not be worth your time to come this way

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
Highway 9 from the Lakes to Rock Rapids is pretty fun, some good areas to play, especially Willow Creek. Snow is a little hard but HEY ITS SNOW and the ditches are full. Careful of the fingers, some are 5 ft - especially around Sibley since we don't have anything groomed (working on getting a snowmobile club started).

K
Dec 26, 2007
With Monday's snow, it isn't to terrible over here west of Jasper.... Hopefully the groomer will hit up the trails heading west of Garretson this weekend.

K
Dec 26, 2007
you got that much snow down there? holy crap hard as a rock if there is snow here up by Lake Benton.

Patrick

Over here is Garretson, it depends on how much you want to ride. I heard that the groomer was out today between Garretson and the Dell Rapids corner(about 15 miles).... I am not sure whether they have done any groomin north. If so, you gain another 10 miles or so. The rest of the ditches are pretty average. We have some private land that we ride that is still really decent, I was there tonight. The ungroomed ditches are pretty average. The north side and east side would probably be your best best. You could check it out, and if it sucks head another 40 mi SW to the Beresford area. It sounds like the trails are pretty good done there. Below is a link to the conditions and map of the trails.

http://www.sdgfp.info/Parks/Recreation/Snowmobiling/trailcon.htm

http://www.sdgfp.info/Parks/Recreation/Snowmobiling/Maps/ERSnowmo.pdf

Premium Features