• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pipes

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
im running an ssi pipe and y pipe without a tune and it runs great, supposed to get about another 6 to 8 hp with a tune.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I just received a ceramic Jaws Big Shark Pipe including the Y pipe with a SSI Titanium exhaust can from BDX/SSI.
I will be pulling out my ECU and shipping it to them for the flash.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Thought you needed a tune to run a pipe ? How you running without ?
A few of the pipe companies claim no tuning necessary on the ctec with their pipe. Jaws told me the 2020 requires no tuning with their pipe, but 18-19 need tuning. He actually said there is no benefit to adding tuning on the 2020 with the pipe, although others have claimed more gains with tuning.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
the ssi pipe mod doesnt need tuning ive been running it with a ggb trail can and ssi stainless y pipe for 900 miles and its been Perfect some of the other pipes probably add a bit more power but require a tune. the computers on the new sleds are way better at adapting to mods than the older sleds.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
A few of the pipe companies claim no tuning necessary on the ctec with their pipe. Jaws told me the 2020 requires no tuning with their pipe, but 18-19 need tuning. He actually said there is no benefit to adding tuning on the 2020 with the pipe, although others have claimed more gains with tuning.
I just spoke with Jaws too. He said that they have tried some of the tunes for the 20’s, most of the time they were worse or no better.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
that’s good, we’ve been working but did slow down some. Personally I don’t think we need another stimulus, but if they wanna give me some of my taxes back, I’ll use it.

Premium Features