• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pins that hold plastic cost to much..

F

Flying Snow

Nov 28, 2007
South dakota
The twist in pins for the apex plastics are 13 bucks a piece. So i found something cheap at the hardware store that works and you only need your fingers. They cost me a 1.50 a piece, plus 30 a piece cents for the clips that they fit into.

werwer004.jpg

werwer006.jpg

Last edited:
F

Flying Snow

Nov 28, 2007
South dakota
There isnt much more to it, found them at the hardware store and work great. I replaced the clips that go on the back side with ones from the hardware store. They have the right threads for these screws. Now if i lose one It wont bother me as much. I plan on putting some in my backpack for the ride.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
the key is to not loose them...I got a small metal push nut they use off the WR450....have the part number at work. they push on and dont come off like those junk plastic washers....only way to remove them is cut them off with snips.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I second the kurveygirl route. I get them in bags of 50 for about the price of 5 Yamaha Dzus fastners.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I always put those 5TJ washers on them, that way they don't come off unless you cut the washers with side cutters. The washers are just over a buck CAD. Preventative maintenance, LOL

Premium Features