• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pidd power up kit blowing fuses

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI
Brand new 2019 Axys RMK 850. I also got the pidd power up kit.

I went to hook up the harness to the sled with the battery and blew the fuse right away.

I tracked it down to the plug on the sled, and the plug to the power up harness kit. There is a negative going right to a positive. Brown on the sled connector and a red on the pidd kit harness.

Has anyone else came across this? Can anyone confirm which connector might be bad?
d26a583fd860d25e308852f645b2ddc1.jpg
aae0c2a20e34c618429eaa85741dc613.jpg
14791effc86b4612e5b6fd395332330a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ProRide800155

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Was just through this! The wiring on the 850 is totally different from the 800. Polaris says it will not work, so I went through wiring diagram and rewired the power up kit! Hard to get explain typing so if you are interested in redoing it. PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI
Was just through this! The wiring on the 850 is totally different from the 800. Polaris says it will not work, so I went through wiring diagram and rewired the power up kit! Hard to get explain typing so if you are interested in redoing it. PM me

PM Sent

ProRide800155

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Ya I was thinking it’d be hard to explain so I was goin to just call people to try but I got to thinking and I had another harness at the shop so I just went out and rewired it to take some pictures and so here ya go!

b6416ecb799fe7acbb42eeae3dc2a92e.jpg
6818d4b6436cd924c7a8ff132c5a70f3.jpg

T
Jan 9, 2010
EC ND
power up kit?

is this a kit that is made to run the pidd guage on a non electric start sled? Who makes the harness and is there a small battery pack that runs the guage?

Thank you!

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI
This is what the harness looks like unwrapped. Looks like you got rid of the relay.

Do you happen to have the wiring diagram and schematic for the 850? Mainly curious to what the relay is doing since the fuse positive goes directly to the sled plug also.
12b13101c62aed17e478f60781e86ec9.jpg

ProRide800155

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
This is what the harness looks like unwrapped. Looks like you got rid of the relay.

Do you happen to have the wiring diagram and schematic for the 850? Mainly curious to what the relay is doing since the fuse positive goes directly to the sled plug also.
12b13101c62aed17e478f60781e86ec9.jpg

Yes you can get rid of the relay because on the new 850 it has the charge relay on the machine in the fuse holder above exhaust so no longer need it on the power up harness like previous 800 models. I have the wire schematic from dealer side and it won’t let me copy, save or anything so I can’t post it.

The inside of the connector (white piece) I just took a pick and pulled it out should pull out pretty easy and from there it comes apart pretty self explanatory. Any other questions happy to answer

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
Lightweight Battery Box

is this a kit that is made to run the pidd guage on a non electric start sled? Who makes the harness and is there a small battery pack that runs the guage?

Thank you!

I have a small battery box that I designed for the the antigravity 4 cell battery for this purpose. You can PM me for more details or go to https://cvcustoms.com/products/lightweight-pidd-battery-box for more details.

46D4EF6D-48E4-432E-8AAF-DD7AABFBD46A_720x.jpeg

91X%2BDwGprYL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
Does anyone if Polaris has a PIDD power up harness for the 850 or does anyone know all the connectors need to make the harness? It looks like to modifications needed to turn the existing harness into something that works on the 850 is fairly simple! I do not have my 850 yet so I can’t check to see what is all needed... If someone can figure it out it will probably be more cost effective then going to Polaris for a harness

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI
As far as I can tell polaris has not updated a pidd harness for the 850 yet. This harness was listed in the 2019 accessories book.

It was fairly easy to do as long as you can look at the pictures posted above and figure out what's going on. The connector is easy to take apart if you know how to do it. I used a pair of pliers on the white block inside the connector and pulled it out. Changed the wires to look like the pictures above. The relay does not need to be in there as said above and have confirmed this with a working harness.

Most people buying the polaris pidd kit wont use 3/4 of the content.

With that being said I believe a person could put together your own harness.

I wonder if the fella who made the arctic cat tether harness would be willing to do a pidd power up harness.

ProRide800155

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Yes it would be very easy to make your one harness just find the connector, pins, seal and wire done! I didn’t know it was different so I just ordered the kit! I also took the stock battery box and cut it up to fit a fire power featherlight. I however will be running a turbo so will be able to mount the battery on backside of oil tank on clutch cover. Here is a couple pics of battery in box
067b427181703fcd4dae2cda46bdd47b.jpg

f07e32fac75fd5ad9bcf317d13ed4643.jpg

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI
This is what I came up with. Oem harness adjusted per this thread and used the battery box bracket as a box.

I used a small 1.4 AH battery to see how it holds up. In theory it should last 4 hours.
ce642efadd49f7d81dfa111ff25740b4.jpg

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Just did this for my Buddies 850 last night using the Polaris powerup kit we sell.
It was not very difficult.

1.I started by using a razor knife to carefully take the black wrap off the harness. I did not remove the black wrap from the postive and negative terminals.

2. Cut the orange striped wire going to relay. Cut the red and blue wire going to relay and connected to the other red and blue wire so relay was completely removed. See picture.

3. Took connector plug apart. I started at the bottom with the small plastic piece. Unclippied it and pulled the bottom off and down the wires. Next I pulled the white plastic piece around the pins out of the top. I was able to get a small screwdriver in it and pull up a bit. This loosened it and then I was able to grab it with a small needle nose pliers and give it a firm yank to remove.

4. Next remove the orange stripped wire with lead that went to relay.

5. next move the Red and Grey one and put in the first position kiddy corner from where it was. See pic. Also, make sure to remove the bottom piece of connector and rethread or to right position otherwise it wont snap back in.

6. Move the red and blue wire right next to red and grey position 2.

7. Then move the brown wire underneath one of the red wires.

Basically you want to match the picture below and the harness plug on your 850. Takes a little time and patients but when done my gauge powered up after connecting my small Lithium battery and with out starting sled. I hope this helps.

45352074424_b0c93226f3_z.jpg

Last edited:

BatBusa

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2013
Minnesota
I can confirm this works as well. Just picked up my 850 yesterday. The dealer wanted to hook up the Power up kit. Just tested it out today and blew the fuses as soon as I connected the battery. Followed instructions here mentioned above and now it works perfectly. The connector is a pain to disassemble, but if you take your time and completely disassemble it, you can easily release the pins to pull out.

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
If anyone is interested I ended up finding all of the components to make a copy of this modified harness. I am going to be making 20 to start and if there is continued interest I will continue to make the harness for the 850. If anyone is interested send me a PM or you’d an go to https://cvcustoms.com/collections/polaris/products/850-axys-pidd-power-up-cable for more details. I haven’t received the ring terminals for the battery connections or the circuit breaker cover yet but I expect to have those by the end of the week.

7f94c8cfdd4e2d771bae8b2a45018e7f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
If anyone is interested I ended up finding all of the components to make a copy of this modified harness. I am going to be making 20 to start and if there is continued interest I will continue to make the harness for the 850. If anyone is interested send me a PM or you’d an go to https://cvcustoms.com/collections/polaris/products/850-axys-pidd-power-up-cable for more details. I haven’t received the ring terminals for the battery connections or the circuit breaker cover yet but I expect to have those by the end of the week.

If you are in Canada and interested please send me a PM.

02882311ad4f061237df4f5c11b31f1c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you ship to Canada? I dont see an option on the website when trying to checkout.

Premium Features