• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PIDD Install

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
Got a great offer to buy a PIDD and I am wondering if anyone have done this...from non PIDD to PIDD gauge with everything working?
How much extra parts do I need to get it working?

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
The PIDD gauge only,the seller said he would check if i also could get the gps antenna but didnt promise anything.
I`ve done some research tonight and found that if I get the pidd gauge and antenna in the deal and then buy the Polaris 2880493 kit it looks like i only need the 2412818 cable.
Am I Right?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I bought a used sled with pidd and after owning it for awhile i’d prefer The standard gauge.

Takes so long to boot up every time you start it.

It’s harder to eyeball rpm when climbing.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
The mileage is saved in the ECU, that's correct. However, on the gauge, whatever gauge you have installed, it shows that gauges mileage. If you took your sled in and had it scanned in Polaris Digital wrench, they then would see the correct mileage on the ECU. Hope that makes sense.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
If any of you have, or get the PIDD without electric start I would recommend getting with Cole at CV Customs on here. He makes a really nice little wire harness to power it up without the motor running which is really helpful. It's a quick, easy and clean install and you're supporting a fellow Snowest'er that has has some great customer service

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If any of you have, or get the PIDD without electric start I would recommend getting with Cole at CV Customs on here. He makes a really nice little wire harness to power it up without the motor running which is really helpful. It's a quick, easy and clean install and you're supporting a fellow Snowest'er that has has some great customer service

Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I did a similar project (I'm an Electrical Engineer/Tech) on my and my sons 18 axys 800 163-2.6 and it is sure nice as we never shut the key switch off and kill with either the tether or push emergency kill switch. The small battery pack (4- 18650 tabbed lithium cells packaged and fused, will charge from the sled system and we only have to charge the 4-cell pack if we forget to turn the key switch off at the end of the riding day. I have a 110 vac charger I built if needed and I guess a 12 vdc cigar lighter plug charger might be the next addition for charging off the truck/trailer.
gtwitch in wyoming

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
how long does the pidd remain on?
Is it a set time or does the kit add a switch?

(I looked but didn’t see that information in the description)

The gauge will remain on as long as the key is turned on (there is no additional switch) or the battery lasts. I have personally never checked to see how long it takes for the battery to run out with the gauge on. I have had it on for over an hour during lunch and it never shut off. The battery will recharge while the sled is running.

I like not having the gauge turn off for a couple main reasons 1) it doesn’t lose the gps signal so you don’t have a downtime when using the map 2) you don’t have to leave the sled running if you are using the data logging capabilities within the gauge and want to go through the data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
Here's to resurrecting an old post - Cole - CV Customs - could you just use this for a battery ? It'd be a much lighter and less expensive option. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/...placement-lithium-battery-pack-with-charger-p
I am not 100% sure that you could. The power plug would need some type of adapter to tie into the harness or the harness modified. I am also it sure how those batteries take a charge. I see they have a wall adapter to charge the pack so would incoming voltage from the sled alternator hurt the battery?? That is also a small battery that would it power the gauge for very long

Premium Features