• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Picking a University or college....

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Yeah and that #1 engineering program with all the hot babes.

I may or may not have talked the whole SDSU experience up a tad

I second SDSU....the babes there are killer, thats why i married one (actually two if you count my practice marriage).

On a serious note...visit a few and see which one feels right to you. Also, I've worked with d bags from Ivy League schools that were terrible engineers and the ones that were could only hide behind their Ivy League education for about 4 years post grad before it caught up to them and they got the boot. Moral of the story: its college, college teaches you the basic building blocks to be an engineer, doctor, teacher, ect. Your education isn't going to cause you to suceed in life or your profession, only hard work and time will do that. Also, 10 years out of college no one will give a rats a** where you went to school. Just remember that college is for having fun, making friends, making terrible decisions and learning some stuff inbetween.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Work your ass off studying for the SAT and hopefully if you worked hard enough to graduate as your class valedictorian or close to it then submit an application to Cornell University engineering school and work your ass off for four years and then get a great job for 2 to 4 years and then go back and get an MBA at a great school and then write your own ticket for the rest of your life! Be major proactive and reach out to the varsity coach and use your athletic accomplishments only to get into a top school. You will have to get over the cost challenges along with the major frustrations of the woke environment but it will all be worth it in the end. Good luck!

G

geremyfrank

Banned
Nov 18, 2022
Europe
Colleges

Are you sure you want to attend college? I ask this because I know when I went to college I went to play hockey, not attend classes...

I think that there is so much emphasis put on going to college now that young people go just to go. Then, as Phizzer stated you end up spinning your wheels for a few years not knowing really what the hell you want to do. I spun mine for a solid four I would say. There are so many other things out there in life besides college. Don't get me wrong, I think that higher learning can be a good thing. But it's not the only thing. But, if you are sure you want to go, I say MSU. Sure, MSU is pretty ambiguous. Just google where the Gallatin Valley is and you will know what MSU I am talking about. Several different highly touted engineering programs to choose from. And, if you are into recreating in the mountains, I would put MSU up against any school worldwide for those opportunities. Actually, I would say those opportunities probably were and are the demise of half the college careers of those that attend:face-icon-small-hap It's not that easy to study at college, and if you're not that interested, then what's the point? I've always wanted to become a student, and I receive pleasure from what I study, and I dedicate a lot of effort to it. I don't have a lot of problems when it comes to education, but sometimes I face difficulties when I have to write educational papers. And I have to write them often. The last time I wrote about failure, it sounded like something easy and interesting. And it was indeed interesting, but it was challenging. Thanks to this page https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/failure/ which I found accidentally, I managed to finish it. On that page, I found and read a few examples of failure, which really inspired me. And almost immediately, a lot of ideas appeared. But I managed to succeed because I was interested in it.
I agree with you. Nowadays, a lot of people go to college just because they have to, their parents want them to go, or they just don't want to be worse than someone else. But if there is a strong wish, then it's for sure worth with. I'm also choosing where to apply now, and it isn't very easy.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Here’s what you do. You go to the very best school that will take you. MIT maybe…???
Then you do really well in that school. Then you get a crazy good job so you can get rich and then you can own a home in your home town and one revelstoke and one in hmjackson or whatever floats your boat. If you go to a school just cause it’s in the mountains that doesn’t make it the best? It might be good but not like Ivy League good. If you get a diploma from Wyoming you can put it on your dash board and park in handi cap spots! Bwahaha!

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
My son just got accepted to WSU in WA and he plans on going into engineering, They have a good program. With lots of good sledding in ID, we plan on lots of long weekends.......

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
my daughter is going to saint benedicts next year. she already has 2 years of post secondary done and then off to Hamline law school

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I often wonder what ever happened to him? He was a good contributor here.
Minten is a buddy of mine.
Hes doing well, has a sled, hasn't rode in a bit, been a busy dude working and growing life.

Big into guns and trucks though, and being real skeptical of the govt.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Minten is a buddy of mine.
Hes doing well, has a sled, hasn't rode in a bit, been a busy dude working and growing life.

Big into guns and trucks though, and being real skeptical of the govt.

My kinda guy!
I see he's from Bozeman. Bobcat fan? They have a big game over here Saturday!

Premium Features