• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pic thread of vented Dragon/RMK's

P

pumpnlead

Jan 14, 2008
Nebraska Panhandle
Need a single front-side shot of your vented sleds. I took all the dragon stickers off my '08 and want to throw on some nice looking vents. Post a picture and the brands of vents you have on your sled.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
1231081421.jpg

This is the xxxmodrod vents. I thought these where the best for the price and how fast they shipped. I have not had a problem with them letting in snow when on it's side. I have even rolled my sled and the side panel cracked before these fell off or even ripped.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
pics

Here are some pictures of the R&M side panel vents on one of our rides. I also did the SLP shock tower vents and even with the turbo my sled never gets above 125 degrees. They work well.

vents.jpg vents2.jpg

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I use the same ones and have the exact same experience....for the price and quality i dont think you can beat xxxmodrods

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
I went with 2 cool air vents. Awesome customer service.

I wanted a different look so I mounted them to the inside and use silicone sealer for the edge. It's not has strong but they have been holding up great.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Vents

i have an 05 rmk 900..

bought these side panel vents from a guy on ebay..talked to him for a while before hand...he is selling them still..EXCELLENT product..looks great..its all about how you cut your side panel too..rolled the 900 on the side quite a few times, no damage, no water/snow inside..love them..i also like how they take up the entire side panel and not just 3/4 like some other brands..

IF you are determined to get the XXX style..get them from Bill at MountainFitHoods..guy is top notch..
http://stores.homestead.com/williammoore/StoreFront.bok

ebay link;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0335390793&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

here is mine, with holes i cut inside as well..

you cannot see the holes when outside..but you can with the flash from the camera..:eek:

100_0998.jpg 100_0999.jpg 100_0997.jpg

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
guido...

the extra holes in your heat shield look pretty nice. Most of them look like swiss cheese when they are done. I have been trying to find someone who can roll the edges, so they match factory.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
thanks buddy..

it SUCKED..haha..i just used some hole saws and used the drill..but had to vary the speed and angles alot to get them straight and from walking...but wanted the "factory look" too..a rolled edge would be very nice..

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Yah, whole saw with drill can be a little dangerous ... buddy broke his hand helping me with drop and roll, years ago.. ummm no wait, he fell off ladder hanging christmas decorations.... ;)

Looks nice, good job!

I have about every vent XXXmod rods has... I will get some pics when I get a chance. My shock tower vents are at the polisher right now, so it will be after that.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
HA

Yah, whole saw with drill can be a little dangerous ... buddy broke his hand helping me with drop and roll, years ago.. ummm no wait, he fell off ladder hanging christmas decorations.... ;)

Looks nice, good job!

I have about every vent XXXmod rods has... I will get some pics when I get a chance. My shock tower vents are at the polisher right now, so it will be after that.

HAHA...FELL OFF THE LADDER..NICE..
i know how that goes..i wrecked on my dirtbike last year messing up foot up..i mean i told the fire dept i jumped out of the fire truck during a call and landed wrong.yeh thats it..lol..

i hate the hole saws, but only thing i had to make the holes..and trust me, i was nervous..haha..i seem to cut more then just the item i am working on ;)

i got some vents from bill..love'em..but need more..and need to install the crap i have in the garage...been calling my name..just no time..

love to see the pics of your venting...let me know.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
guido...

the extra holes in your heat shield look pretty nice. Most of them look like swiss cheese when they are done. I have been trying to find someone who can roll the edges, so they match factory.

OA..you can do them yourself with a good body hammer and a peice of pipe with an inside diameter about 3/8 in. bigger then the cut...just center panel over pipe locked in a vice and gently work the edge over a little at a time...

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Roll the edge on non T aluminum with a 1/4" pipe or a round screwdriver... an old aircraft trick...

cut the hole... then progressively apply pressre to the edge with a round tool to roll the edge out... try it on scrap first... pretty simple.

2fun4u

Feb 20, 2002
Mountain Home, ID
www.2coolairvents.com
Here are pirs

http://www.snowest.com/forum/album.php?albumid=104

There are pictures of the vents we offer in my albums at the link above.

Ours are aluminum frames with VERY tough mesh outer material. We put a prefilter in ALL clutch vents and intake vents and it absolutely keeps out the snow. They come with all mounting hardware. detailed instructions and if you somehow get a rip or hole in the material, we will rebuild them for you cheap as long as the frame is still good.

We love to earn new customers and take care of them for years to come.

:) 2fun

Top Notch

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hartford, S.D.
www.topnotchdetailing.biz
I have the 2coolairvents on my dragon also.I drilled the holes in my alum. plate similar to what Guido did but painted it black on the outside so you don't notice it as much. They are a strong frame!!! I broke a hook on a snobunge a couple of weeks ago, shattered the side panel on the sled. I pulled the vent off and straightened it out and looks like new. Plus Tammy was nice to work with when ordering.

Premium Features