• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patriot speedometer recalibation

M
Dec 3, 2018
So I have changed the gearing on my '19 850 quite a bit, to a 24/63 tki pulley. Needless to say, the speedometer and mileage is quite a bit off, like almost a third. Yesterday, I took it in to my local dealer, thinking they could just flash the new gearing onto the ECU like you can with 800's. Myself and the tech were surprised to find this feature is not available on the 850. Has anyone done this yet? Does the new ECU firmware address this?

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
If you can’t figure it out, just buy a Speedohealer. Plug n play. Takes 5 mins to install ,and is super easy to program. And any gear ratio is possible.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
If you have the chain case , you can use the digital wrench to recalibrate, if you have belt drive, than no you can't.
I tried to change mine to pro pulleys and the wrench wouy allow it, tethair (Chris) has a chain drive and the wrench changed his.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
If you have the chain case , you can use the digital wrench to recalibrate, if you have belt drive, than no you can't.
I tried to change mine to pro pulleys and the wrench wouy allow it, tethair (Chris) has a chain drive and the wrench changed his.

Yes this is true but my dealer also told me a couple years back that he could select if it is chaincase or quickdrive model. I believe if he selected chaincase even if it was a quickdrive he might be able. The question is now if the ecm can be changed from one to the other for these newer models?? It might be forced by the serial number of the sled.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Good info, why are they arbitrarily locking belt drive people out of gearing changes?

I’m Assuming they do it because the chaincase sleds have different gearing in Europe vs North America. (Allows dealers to select which flash to use)

Belt drive sleds are the same euro or NA

M
Dec 3, 2018
My dealer got an answer from Polaris. They don’t support gearing reprogramming on this model, and there is no plan in the future to do so. Kinda disappointing, given all they have to do is enable it.

A
If you can’t figure it out, just buy a Speedohealer. Plug n play. Takes 5 mins to install ,and is super easy to program. And any gear ratio is possible.

How or where do you purchase the harness specific for the 850 ? I've been looking and haven't found anything yet .

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I can’t remember where I bought it. It was on a 2014 pro and I moved it to my 850. Same plugs.

T
Dec 19, 2007
Anyone else find a means to get something like the SpeedoHealer for the Polaris 850 models? And, I wonder if it would still work with the 7S display?

Last edited:
Premium Features