• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Panthera Build

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Getting closer. The chain was a little tricky with the kit so close so had to order a new roller and we will have to place it a little further back off the subframe. All in all leaned out the carb a bit and we are ready for testing next week. I think I will name this bike blank check;)))) I am really lucky to have a friend that runs his own shop that has been able to make this happen.. At the end I will list everything that had to be done.
94ef60edeec8813bdcd667c721675e25.jpg

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Wwillf01, is there a hydralic clutch option? Tunnel cooler out of a summit? I assume no way to straighten that chain any? Looks Good

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Wwillf01, is there a hydralic clutch option? Tunnel cooler out of a summit? I assume no way to straighten that chain any? Looks Good

Ya moving the track closer made some complications with the chain along with the shifter distance from the pegs. . I have a Magura on order but it is backordered. I am not going to lie it’s the hardest clutch pull I have ever had on a Snowbike... it is one hell of a beefy clutch.... tunnel cooler is from a summit, fits perfect and should have plenty of cooling ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Jan 26, 2019
Pemberton BC
Ya moving the track closer made some complications with the chain along with the shifter distance from the pegs. . I have a Magura on order but it is backordered. I am not going to lie it’s the hardest clutch pull I have ever had on a Snowbike... it is one hell of a beefy clutch.... tunnel cooler is from a summit, fits perfect and should have plenty of cooling ...

Throw one of these moose mechanical advantage devices on your clutch. You lose throw ( shorter window of clutch pull disengages) but the difference in leverage is well worth it. Put one on my kx5 because it had a bear of a clutch pull.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Thanks I will try it... this is on another level from my cr500..

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Combine that magura with a Clake one light clutch. (From Australia)

Amazing single finger clutch. (It transformed my gasgas 300 hydraulic clutch from unbearable to a joy)

Of note, this does not remove travel distance, it uses an adjustable spring tension “assist” to preload the hydraulic fluid so your finger does very little work.

At maximum adjustment it can remove all clutch “feel” but it’s easy enough to back off to the desired resistance.

Last edited:
D

dieselpower

Dec 12, 2008
Bellingham, Wa
Interesting.
I’ve never seen a brc500 review on snow.
Do you have a link to any further information?

The downsides of the cr500 doesn’t interest me.
I have both.

The BRC pulls longer and harder than any 450 Ktm or YZ.

Trail speeds are well in excess of 65 mph and pulling steeper powder lines at 30ish Mph.
YZ comparatively tops out mid 40's on the trail and high teens in similar powder lines

All that being said, the best bike I've ridden is a cr5 ported/polished, 40mm SmartCarb, high comp head and a CPI monster pipe.

B
Feb 4, 2011
If I were to use a motorcycle powerplant again, I'd do something like you are. Curious about how you built the expansion chamber. Did you start out with cones in a straight line and then cut them at angles to get the twists and bends you wanted?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If I were to use a motorcycle powerplant again, I'd do something like you are. Curious about how you built the expansion chamber. Did you start out with cones in a straight line and then cut them at angles to get the twists and bends you wanted?

The cones can be produced from a cad program where you model in 3D and the program produces flat patterns for all the pieces with index notches.

Roll the cones, weld seams.

Premium Features