Welcome to the Snowest Swapmeet section. This is the correct place to be if you're looking to buy or sell something on the Snowest Forums.
To help you in crafting the most successful advertisement possible, keep in mind that adding these key points to your post may very well help in cutting down repeated questions or confusion about your item for sale and hopefully help you to get your item sold more quickly.
- If you are using the SW swap meet to list an item, then list the item description here. Don't link it to another website. (failure to do this will result in automatic thread deletion)
- Adding PICTURES to your post either through the built-in "Attachment Manager" directly from your computer, or by using the [/I] code from photobucket. www.photobucket.com
- Adding a [B]PRICE[/B] so people know what you're looking to get for your item is very helpful.
- Adding [B]YOUR LOCATION[/B] either in the post, or into your profile using the "User CP" options at the top of the page. If people don't know where you are, they won't know if your item is worth the drive to get it in the first place.
- Lastly, be sure to add a [B]DETAILED DESCRIPTION[/B] to your post. If you've got something you want to sell, don't keep it a secret! The best way to get something sold is to share everything you can about it in the opening post of the ad.
--[B][U]AFTER[/U][/B] the sale: We prefer NOT to delete the thread of a sold item so future users can comparison shop. Please indicate the item is sold in the first or last post. PM a moderator to edit the thread title to include "--SOLD".
[B]BUYERS[/B]: [B][U]DON'T INSULT THE SELLER BY ASKING WHAT THE BOTTOM DOLLAR IS.[/U][/B] You should see a price listed...there it is. If you want to get down to it, make an offer.
If you don't frequent the forums, then be sure to add another method of contact to increase the likelihood of a possible buyer contacting you. Though Snowest is a community of fellow snowmobilers, we are not responsible for any information that you post so be sure that anything you do post is something you feel comfortable having out there.
With these tips in mind, you should now be able to post an effective advertisement for your; part, sled, vehicle, or trailer.
Good luck and thanks for being a SnoWest Forum Member!