• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oxbow Renegade X

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Just tried out the Oxbow Renegade X radio and I'm liking it. I didn't have any issues with the Mic or speaker plugging with snow or ice and the snow was deep and kinda wet perfect for plugging up the ports.
#Oxbow

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Agreed. Been running the 1.0 and 2.0 this season. Flawless. In full disclosure I am an Ambassador for OxBow but I was running the 1.0 for prior season and fell in love with their radios and lights. I can't recommend them enough.

I ran those radios from that other popular brand for several seasons prior to discovering OxBow and had nothing but troubles. Most frustrating was they'd just beep when you'd press the mic even though they were fully charged. I had several fail this way, usually only on cold/wet days. In the summer I never had troubles with them. That and I had mics stop working, cables rip out..

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Agreed. Been running the 1.0 and 2.0 this season. Flawless. In full disclosure I am an Ambassador for OxBow but I was running the 1.0 for prior season and fell in love with their radios and lights. I can't recommend them enough.

I ran those radios from that other popular brand for several seasons prior to discovering OxBow and had nothing but troubles. Most frustrating was they'd just beep when you'd press the mic even though they were fully charged. I had several fail this way, usually only on cold/wet days. In the summer I never had troubles with them. That and I had mics stop working, cables rip out..
Would you care to comment on the differences between the 1.0 and 2.0? Thanks.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Would you care to comment on the differences between the 1.0 and 2.0? Thanks.
The biggest changes are weatherproofing and button layout. The 2.0/X has a waterproof membrane covering the mic and speaker internally under the plastic. The push to talk button is also now completely sealed.

Based on feedback they moved the buttons to more strategic positions. For example, the push to talk button is now the only button on the side of the radio. The volume controls also got moved to the face of the radio to avoid accidental volume change people would experience with the 1.0 due to the volume knob being on the top.
The user interface is also a lot easier to use on the 2.0/X. Things like setting the sub channel are straight forward with the new interface layout.

Here's Oxbow video going over the 2.0/X:

Premium Features