• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Overkill nah... underkill is better

H
Jun 30, 2019
St Anthony, Idaho
So bear with me. My friend and I are still in high school and we love sledding and are pretty decent at it we put in about 1500 miles or more each season. Let’s just say we rather have newers sleds that pickups. So this is his farm pickup that we put a sled deck in it. We need to put more air in the air bags because it’s only a 1/2 ton. It’s alittle sketchy to drive because you can’t steer this way but this is our 2nd season with it and haven’t crashed yet so that’s good.

65EAFA6D-4C06-4F9F-8AE5-0B7B082E9586.jpeg

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Nothing bad has happened yet, must be fine. You're going to hurt someone else and then see the light.

S
I hear you on where to spend your money. I don't think air bags will help much. Look at where the rear axle is in relation to the weight. Surely there's a long bed pickup around the farm that you can use.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Like your priorities but you need more truck. You kill or seriously maim someone with a couple kids and it will haunt you for life. Don't be that guy, and don't learn the hardest way. You have too much shredding in your future. Your bud could likely flip that truck and get a long box, at least. Good luck!

Premium Features