• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ovation long track mod ?

T
Feb 9, 2020
Wa
Last year me and my wife got into Snowmobiling and quickly learned that my 9 year old would need her own sled . She's to tall to ride in front of my wife , and its cramped with her on my Summit X . So last week I bought her a 96 340 Ovation . While going over it this weekend I noticed the short lugs and the short track . So now I want to put a longer track (121" ? ) on it with some taller lugs . Anyway I've read all the threads here about the long tracked Ovations and still have a couple questions . Is there a skid and track that's a direct bolt in swap ? I'm extremely mechanically inclined , just know nothing about Snowmobiles .
Thanks

C
Nov 29, 2008
Swap out the drivers and put a 121"x 1.25" on it plus a pair of plastic skiis - makes it much more capable. You can add a piece of Al flat plate to move the rear axel back to accommodate the longer track (same way Yamaha did on the enticer ii). We did a couple like that a while back when kids were about the same age and it made a huge difference for not a lot of $$. Lots of good used 121" tracks around for cheap just have to find suitable drivers ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

T
Feb 9, 2020
Wa
Already has plastic skis on it so that's covered . Assuming I would need the driver's for the track I use , IE same pitch etc . About the Aluminum strip , assume that would attach to the rail and the back axle ? Any idea on the size needed and the length?

T
Feb 9, 2020
Wa
So I found a 121" track from a 1993 Artic Cat 580 ZR . I believe the drivers are 2.52 for the ZR . Is that correct? Anyone know what driver the Ovation uses ?

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
The driver pitch and tooth count is one side of the equation. The other is the shaft size and shape. I think those use a smaller square drive shaft which is harder to find drivers for.

C
Nov 29, 2008
If I remember the ovations we had had the 1"hex shaft and the 2.52" drivers with 1.25" x 121" track off the nytro plus a rail extension - worked great!

L
Jan 12, 2023
Manitoba
Wanted- Ovation mountain mod. 136" length track with either 1.75" or 2" lug. Looking for a unit that looks like it could of came stock. Send a reply if you have and are interested to sell.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Wanted- Ovation mountain mod. 136" length track with either 1.75" or 2" lug. Looking for a unit that looks like it could of came stock. Send a reply if you have and are interested to sell.
I don't think you'll fit 1.75" or 2" without major work ....when we swapped out the drivers to 7 x 2.52" (I think) there wasn't a whole lot of additional clearance - maybe enough to swing a 1.5" if I recall ...
Even with the 121" x 1.25" + long drop brackets and plastic skis it was a different beast

Premium Features