• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Out of break in performance

T
Aug 8, 2011
Did anyone else notice a fairly substantial gain in performance when their 850turbo got out of break in? I had 7 percent left at the start of today, the sled has continued to run stronger throughout break in but I would swear it picked up 10 horse the second it was out of it and the track speed production pretty well backs up that feeling. She caught another gear!!!

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Did anyone else notice a fairly substantial gain in performance when their 850turbo got out of break in? I had 7 percent left at the start of today, the sled has continued to run stronger throughout break in but I would swear it picked up 10 horse the second it was out of it and the track speed production pretty well backs up that feeling. She caught another gear!!!
I didn't. I did on my 14 but not on my 17 or 20

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
it is through breakin at around 40% so you are just getting use to the power and learning where you can go, it rips, enjoy!

T
Aug 8, 2011
So it does not gain any power when it’s done with break in? Are you sure?

I was fully comfortable with the thing day 1...it’s easy to ride. I’d swear that it pulls better out of break in, part way through yesterday. But maybe just more traction in the snow or something..

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
So it does not gain any power when it’s done with break in? Are you sure?

I was fully comfortable with the thing day 1...it’s easy to ride. I’d swear that it pulls better out of break in, part way through yesterday. But maybe just more traction in the snow or something..
Same, you are experiencing better hook up maybe in snow, so many variables, which is why we mountain ride, every day is different. Enjoy!!

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Not on the turbo but I noticed quite a difference after break-in also. Maybe just in my head but I don't think so. It's a 2020 freeride 146 and I finished break in mode on one of those perfect of perfect days. It was 3+ feet of powder, blue skies and my brother and I were braking trail all day. He's got a 154 expert (already out of break-in) and during the first part of the day, I pretty much had to stay in his track or I was loosing speed and probably would have gotten stuck. About half way thru the day, I got to zero on the timer and finally I could go out in the powder without being nearly as worried about getting stuck. It was wide open pretty much all day to keep moving but like I said, maybe in my head but it sure went better after the count down hit zero. My brother commented on how I seemed to have more power after the timer ran out also. Not disagreeing with the people who know but that's my experience.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Not on the turbo but I noticed quite a difference after break-in also. Maybe just in my head but I don't think so. It's a 2020 freeride 146 and I finished break in mode on one of those perfect of perfect days. It was 3+ feet of powder, blue skies and my brother and I were braking trail all day. He's got a 154 expert (already out of break-in) and during the first part of the day, I pretty much had to stay in his track or I was loosing speed and probably would have gotten stuck. About half way thru the day, I got to zero on the timer and finally I could go out in the powder without being nearly as worried about getting stuck. It was wide open pretty much all day to keep moving but like I said, maybe in my head but it sure went better after the count down hit zero. My brother commented on how I seemed to have more power after the timer ran out also. Not disagreeing with the people who know but that's my experience.
Yeah like I said it is through break in at 40 left then just a count down, you will notice that little hiccups go away but there is not a release of power, it definitely can clean up with you pinning it all day so cleaning it out. Anyway glad you are loving the power, that is all that matters!!

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Yeah like I said it is through break in at 40 left then just a count down, you will notice that little hiccups go away but there is not a release of power, it definitely can clean up with you pinning it all day so cleaning it out. Anyway glad you are loving the power, that is all that matters!!
Loving the power, but would sure like to LOVE the turbo power in my same sled!! Like someone else on here said, tell your buddies at BRP that they need to put that turbo in a freeride expert package and I'll have to borrow even more money!!

K
Apr 12, 2018
All the break in does is pump more oil and gas thru the motor.

Premium Features