• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opions on Can for 2021

skivoice

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 1, 2012
Aberdeen, SD
I Just Bought a New pro Last week and am planning on putting a can on after break in. Was looking to see what opinions are for sound and the like. Current sled is a 2014 Switchback assault with a an SLP can.
Thanks for your thoughts

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
I Just Bought a New pro Last week and am planning on putting a can on after break in. Was looking to see what opinions are for sound and the like. Current sled is a 2014 Switchback assault with a an SLP can.
Thanks for your thoughts
Stay with SLP. And stay with the quiet one please.
Also, anyone try the new Boondocker can yet? A little on the expensive side.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
The super loud "race" style cans are just like that massive muzzle brake on the end of you AR. You think it's sweet but it pisses off everyone around you because it gives them a concussive headache. Fortunately, there are many "trail" style versions to choose from.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
The super loud "race" style cans are just like that massive muzzle brake on the end of you AR. You think it's sweet but it pisses off everyone around you because it gives them a concussive headache. Fortunately, there are many "trail" style versions to choose from.
Especially when those bastards need a ski pull.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Stay with SLP. And stay with the quiet one please.
Also, anyone try the new Boondocker can yet? A little on the expensive side.
Just buzzed around the yard with the Boondocker can before loading up, and the sound level is VERY reasonable.

I have been running a BMP Full Velocity, which sounds great and fits perfect, but is super loud- which is crazy considering it is their "trail" can.

I also ran a GGB Trail Can on my 800 Axys- it too was super loud.

S
Jan 11, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I just picked up a GGB quiet can for my 2020 850 Assault. Seems well built. The thing I'm wondering about is the location of the temp sensor. On the GGB the sensor is positioned about 2 inches from the pipe opening in the actual pipe itself. Compared to stock or others like SLP the port is located in the can further downstream. This leads me to wonder about the exhaust temperature diference betweeen the locations. It would seem to me that the temps read on the GGB can would be higher than those on the others. if this is the case, would the ECU not react to compensate? perhaps add fuel to cool? Or perhaps the location has no bearing cause the temp difference is negligable? I read on another post here about somone having issues with bogging and one poster asked if they had a can, specifically a GGB. So based on that, anyone know if the position of the EGT probe on the GGB could lead to any run-ability issues?

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I snowchecked a 20'; since sled was there I just had the dealer put on an slp quiet can. They didn't advise to put the can on after break in, and I trust this dealer.

Can't really go wrong with SLP; tried and proven. Had an HPS on my 2017, caused sled to bog in deep pow and after talking with HPS they said that I needed to change clutch weights, which at the time of purchase they didn't disclose. HPS said some sleds will need to change weights, some don't.

skivoice

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 1, 2012
Aberdeen, SD
Anyone have the mbrp can see a video and liked the sound. If so witch can, i think they make 3 different ones.
Thanks to all who have commented it reallly helps.

W
Dec 16, 2018
Just put the MBRP trail can on and it was louder than I expected and will probably get louder as the packing deteriorates. No drone but I'd say 15-20% louder than stock.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
I just picked up a GGB quiet can for my 2020 850 Assault. Seems well built. The thing I'm wondering about is the location of the temp sensor. On the GGB the sensor is positioned about 2 inches from the pipe opening in the actual pipe itself. Compared to stock or others like SLP the port is located in the can further downstream. This leads me to wonder about the exhaust temperature diference betweeen the locations. It would seem to me that the temps read on the GGB can would be higher than those on the others. if this is the case, would the ECU not react to compensate? perhaps add fuel to cool? Or perhaps the location has no bearing cause the temp difference is negligable? I read on another post here about somone having issues with bogging and one poster asked if they had a can, specifically a GGB. So based on that, anyone know if the position of the EGT probe on the GGB could lead to any run-ability issues?
I have the GGB quiet can on a 2021 850 Khaos , I have had no issues what so ever , have been running GGB for several years and have used all three that they make and never had a problem.

Premium Features