• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Operating temp

Colbymh

Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
What are u guys seening for temps? Mine after 30 miles didnt get over 113 and I only had scratchers down for a few miles in the beg of the ride.

kanedog

Oct 14, 2008
I saw a vid of a new 850. He was on a good, slow speed, wfo chew and his coolant temp said 93 degrees. I was kinda shocked to see that. Now I see this post about low temps and I wonder if a cold seize might be happening on the new motors. I know that Doo goes into protect mode 110deg and below but then Polaris does wfo@93deg? Hmmmmm. Kanedog conspiracy theory or could it be true?
First pic is during the climb.
Second pic is stopped right after the climb.
Dear Polaris or Arctic Cat, I am looking for a job on the Mountain sled design team. I have some crazy wicked ideas to share. Contact me here on SW. Thx

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fao1

Oct 16, 2008
Quebec
Is it just me or those thing are a PITA for running hot . 4 inch of fresh snow on the trail and the thing need scratcher down other than that it will raise in temp! Need a scratcher all the time that's PITA. It will be fun on spring condition!:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-dis
In the deep yess it stayed in the 95-97 range !

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
While pushing powder my new 850 ran in the 90's all day, running up the trail in some what marginal snow it hit 126 but as soon as I was in 4 or 5 in of snow dropped to 98 to 105. They do run much cooler than the 800

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Yes that's what I'm hearing....under 100 in low load, good snow. Keep in mind it's probably extra cool with the added fuel during break in mode

fao1

Oct 16, 2008
Quebec
While pushing powder my new 850 ran in the 90's all day, running up the trail in some what marginal snow it hit 126 but as soon as I was in 4 or 5 in of snow dropped to 98 to 105. They do run much cooler than the 800
126 no more than that i get 154 before i put scratcher and it was 4inch snow on trail!

damx

Feb 13, 2011
My 850 runs 93-96f in the pow, 110 ish on the road ride in.

Colbymh

Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
ya I was 90’s also in pow and long hard pack trail (no scratchers down) it peaked at 113, so I was pretty happy.