• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Only 6 Days left to SAVE YELLOWSTONE for Snowmobiling >>

C
Feb 15, 2009
Fighting for our rights

It is truly sad to think that every time we as a sledding family turn around we half to keep fighting to keep a national park of this nature open. So that many more generations can come veiw one of our countries most breath taking beauties. Its something we learn about in school as kids no matter where you live in the USA. It was the first place my friends and I came to ride for our first western trip 20 yrs. ago, and it was breath taking and addicting. It also gave the for sight to apperciate all levals of nature. So if I may help in this on going battle then I have served my purpose to save it for the future of another sledder. I think its somthing every sledder should take time and see at least once. Also to the ones that keep trying to close it "WOW" lets try to work togather and focus on something that will help save a great friends and family sport. One last thing I would like us not to forget the people that do fight for our land and freedoms everyday.
Take a moment for the families that have lost loved ones this year and years past to remembers those that have fallen to this sport and those that are recovering for injuries.
Thank you for your time and efforts.
Chew-Dog

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
In the end the only real viable solution is a political one.
It will require a fundamental shift in environmental policy from Washington DC.

N
Mar 16, 2010
Every one fighting together

Normally i don't reply to many posts, but after reading Christophers, and Mikes posts i needed to say something. You are both right. We need to stick together as snowmobilers and fight the issues at hand together. I am from Canada and have never been sledding in Yellow Stone but would love to one day. I am an environmental consultant and have seen way more pollution in day to day oilfield activities than a bunch of sleds on the mountains. In my opinion using environmental concerns as a reason to shut a snowmobile area down is a cop out.

Ride hard, Ride safe:peep:

2008 Nytro MTX
2005 Chevy Avalanche

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks for jumping into the fray and taking a stand on our behalf.

Hopefully we will be able to do the same for you some day when you need our voices to support your areas!!

C

C S Fever

Aug 30, 2009
Saskatoon,SK.
As another Canuck I also sent in to the NPS because I would like to take my family there someday just to experience Yellowstone in the winter. There isn't many places that beautiful on the planet!!!

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I too as a Canadian would like to ride down there one day.I have seen many pictures of the area and would think that it would be an excellent place to take my family on a winter vacation,as soon as this darn economy smartens up.

Dave

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
thanks for getting in on the land closure stuff. Now that snowest has sent out an appeal for the brc will they do that for saws?

Also will snowest send this type of announcement out for other areas accross the west?

thanks
tim

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
thanks for getting in on the land closure stuff. Now that snowest has sent out an appeal for the brc will they do that for saws?

Also will snowest send this type of announcement out for other areas accross the west?

thanks
tim

I don't know Tim.
We will have to take it one at a time.
You would be surprised at the amount of hate mail I get because I send something like this out.

Sadly, we have a lot of people out there that just don't care and don't want to be bothered by it.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
This was my comment, I kept it short;

This is to show my support for snowmobile access to the park.

With all the advances in the snowmobile engine technology in the last five years. The banning or severely limiting snowmobile access should not even be consideration.

Also, national parks should not be limited access, having to access only with a guide is a very limiting factor in trying to enjoy the park.

Please, come up with a fair and balanced winter access plan that allows all that want to access the park on a snowmobile a opportunity to enjoy the park in the winter time.

Premium Features