• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Online Shopping...

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I do buy a few things online - I also try to support my local retailers/dealers when the cost difference is reasonable. Tonight I ran home and loaded my sled on the deck for what should be one of the best rides of the season. Forecast is for a blue bird day and we have a lot of untracked snow over here in SW Idaho. Once the sled was up on the deck, I gave it a once over and ended up looking Murphy straight in the eye. Front track shock locking ring came loose on the last ride and the adjuster backed off - so ended up losing the top retainer. I called Carl's Cycle (damn I am lucky to live in Boise) and they did not have one in stock...... Lucky for me, I have been doing business with them for a while (maybe that mattered, maybe not) but they told me to head their way. By the time I got their they met me in the parking lot with a retainer so I could ride tomorrow. Humbling to think that they hung out and rounded up a part just so I could ride tomorrow, there was no money in it for them (I did leave a tip).

Getting ready to call it a night so I am ready for tomorrow, but wanted to share my thoughts. Driving home from Carl's made me think about the future of our dealerships and how lucky I am that we still have them.

Cheers/Ride Safe/ have a great season,
Chris

Last edited:

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
My dealer is Weekender Sports in Hotchkiss, CO and they bend over backwards to make sure I stay up and running. That shop is awesome! Support your local dealers when you can! I too buy a few things online but for the most part I run everything through their shop. When I had family in over New Year's we broke an A-arm on 2014 Pro - ya know the ones with the glue together A-arms - we all remember those. I ran down to the shop, they didn't have one in stock and they spent a good half hour scrounging around coming up with one that would fit. ( a 2020 RMK EVO a-arm fit, wouldn't cha know? ) We were back up and riding that afternoon. You can't beat a good dealer!

Premium Features