• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

One season on a 2005 900 fusion impression

M
Feb 25, 2015
I have put about 800 miles on the new to me 05 900 . It did have some issues but once I got them figured out it seems to run pretty strong. I bought the sled for $500 bucks with a bad stator. It was in nice shape only 1200 miles on it.

Here is what I did.
SLP Push Pull Arms, Still on the same belt.

SLP Airbox, It's a little noisy but not that bad.

SLP Reflash, Seemed to lean it out gets better MPG about 12

SLP Pipe seemed to work OK at best, I like the stock pipe better seems to make more torque at a lower RPM

Team 719 Helix in the shallow side, 81 Gram Straightline Performance weights, Polaris blue white primary spring, Don't remember what secondary spring with the washers. When I had the SLP pipe on it I was running 78 grams peak rpm was 7650. Stock pipe with 81s and I'm running 7300 and it will climb to 7400 on a long pull.

I put a dragon seat on it. It's really not higher just liked the look.

Walker Evans remote Res in the front I like them a lot. Newer 08 spindles steers better now. I didn't change the rear at all. Seems to work pretty good.

I have only had a few drag races with it this year but it does hold its own for an older sled.

Friends 03 F7 with some minor D&D parts would run even with me.

New 15 Etech 800 would pull me by about half a sled in the mid then we would just stay there.

My 03 F7 with a some mods Bikeman pipe, Ypipe, 06 reflash, and Outdoor Shop clutch kit, would pull away pretty easy especially up top. But that sled is set up really good runs 118 on the gun. The firecat chassis is just FAST.

06 800 Rev I could walk pretty easy.

03 RX1 Not even close to the Fusion.

All in All it's a pretty good sled once you get them figured out.

Premium Features