• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

one cylinder rich, tried all the usual suspects

S
Feb 23, 2009
2000 rmk 700. riding last weekend sled doggy nothing down low. Pto plug wet everytime I pull plugs. Run all day on new plugs at end of day pto plug still white and clean like hasn't. Ever been run at all. Went through carbs top to bottom nothing. Fuel good. Check for swpark on both plugs, looks fine. Now the strangeness, sled idles, not great but ok. While idling if I pull wire from pto side their isn't an appreciable difference in idle. If I put it back and pull plug wire from mag side sled dies. More strangeness if I cross wires to their incorrect cylinder and repeat test sled runs about the same but now when I pull pto wire off sled dies. Is it possible for one side of coil/cdi to be too weak to fire cylinder but still strong enough to show a spark. Or should I look at stator, flywheel, tyming ? Any guidence would be much appreciated.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
try a couple of new spark plug caps, try blowing out the caps with compressed air, you'd be amazed at what comes out.

Premium Features