• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OIL RESERVOIR NECK SLEEVE

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
Keep it clean up front .. no more leaks -- no more oily pull rope -- no more oil on your brakes -- no more oil on your clutches
New sleeve with a wider sealing surface area and tapered bore for added strength -- o-ring supplied -- 1 new sleeve fits em all --
+++ email me for more info at DAN_03REV@yahoo.com +++
New sleeve will fit OEM oil cap/reservoir of all make/model listed below:

SKIDOO
XP XS XM XT chassis
REV chassis
ZX, CK, F, and S chassis

ARCTIC CAT
HCR
Crossfire
M-series
SNO PRO

POLARIS (any chassis with a 1.75 inch oil reservoir opening - please check dimension before ordering)
PRO-RMK/Assault
EDGE
IQ
RMK
SKS
SWITCHBACK
RUSH
INDY
FUSION
PRO X, XR, XR FAN
XC, XC-SP
SPORT, CLASSIC, FRONTIER TOURING

will not fit these OEM oil cap/reservoirs :
ARCTIC CAT PROCROSS
ARCTIC CAT FIRECAT
ARCTIC CAT TWIN SPAR
ARCTIC CAT Z, ZL, ZR
POLARIS with reservoir opening smaller than 1.75 inch
=========================

$16.00 each US FUNDS shipped anywhere in NORTH AMERICA
(USPS PARCEL POSTAGE INCLUDED)

send cashiers check, personal check, or money order to:
DAN PARCEL
609 N. WOOSTER ST.
ALGONA, IA 50511

please add 5% ($.80 per part) to the total if using PAYPAL
my PAYPAL address is DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM

please let me know your full name, shipping address, and sled(s)
year/model with payment
.... orders are shipped via USPS MAIL

*** NEED EM FAST ?? *** ..
USPS PRIORITY MAIL FOR ADDITIONAL CHARGE ..
( up to 20ct. order )
$5.35 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL in USA
$12.95 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL to CANADA
$16.95 -- USPS PRIORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL anywhere overseas

THANK YOU .. DAN03REV

SLEEVE 2.jpg POLARIS 2-2 INSTALLED.jpg XP INSTALLED.jpg M-SERIES INSTALLED.jpg POLARIS 2013.jpg

Last edited:
K
Sep 16, 2011
I have also used Dan's product on my REVs.

they flat out work!

but don't wait until your filler neck is ovaled, by that time its likely too late, and you wont be able to fit the insert in. buy now and forget

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
I have also used Dan's product on my REVs.

they flat out work!

but don't wait until your filler neck is ovaled, by that time its likely too late, and you wont be able to fit the insert in. buy now and forget

THANK YOU for the feedback :face-icon-small-ton

heating the reservoir with a hairdryer prior to installing sleeve is key .. a warped neck can be fixed with heat .. the sleeve wall is strong enough to reshape any neck back to round and keep it round ..

dirtball08

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
strathmore, ab
What problem are we talking about? Oil leaking from the oil resivoir cap? Have not heard this yet. Just bought a 12 pro 800. Let me know. Thanks

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
What problem are we talking about? Oil leaking from the oil resivoir cap? Have not heard this yet. Just bought a 12 pro 800. Let me know. Thanks

The issue is that on many oil tanks, when you tighten the oil cap, it deforms the neck and then cross threads. In some cases it will leak. this fix, makes it so that when you tighten the cap it doesn't cross thread. Very good idea... I wish I had thought of it!

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
Just like OS said it helps the deformed oil tank hole, I had one on my old XP and got a couple for my buddies also from Dan off DooTalk, they work great and no more leaks!!:becky:

A

AMSOILR

Nov 9, 2008
Idaho
I put one on my leaky 08 XP and problem solved. Simple, but effective. I want one for my Retro below!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The issue is that on many oil tanks, when you tighten the oil cap, it deforms the neck and then cross threads. In some cases it will leak. this fix, makes it so that when you tighten the cap it doesn't cross thread. Very good idea... I wish I had thought of it!

Just so i understand the issue here.... Screwing a round cap on a round neck causes the neck to deform...creating leaks? Humm...i have not had an issue with this at all. Were there some defective tanks/caps or something? Wouldn't warranty cover defective parts?

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
Just so i understand the issue here.... Screwing a round cap on a round neck causes the neck to deform...creating leaks? Humm...i have not had an issue with this at all. Were there some defective tanks/caps or something? Wouldn't warranty cover defective parts?

I think this is an issue with all plastic tanks, on my Doo's it did it all the time? Dont know why but it seems like after time it deforms the hole on plastic tanks:face-icon-small-con

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Yes sir that is what happens. I have owned 4 RMK sleds with the same type tank and cap and they have all deformed when you tighten the cap to a point where it feels tight. I work on sleds, and see many doos with the same issue. The cap material is much harder than the neck material and with coarse threads, it's easy to deform the neck.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
humm...very interesting. I can honestly say i have never seen this happen nor have i even heard of any doing this. I guess if this sleeve fixes the issue...thats a pretty cool little invention :)

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
going into my 10th year for sales .. trying to get ahold of as many DOO, CAT, and POLARIS dealers as i can .. why should a guy spend $10000+ on a sled and still have an issue like this .. seen some reservoirs warped right out of the box .. saves dealers from having to pull off reservoirs to only replace em with another one that will just warp again with short period of time ..

do me a favor if you could and stop into your dealer to show em what i have to offer .. have em contact me .. i already have some dealers scattered across North America ..

DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM
i ship to CANADA quite often so no problem if customer/dealer is over the border ..

Last edited:

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
going into my 9th year for sales .. trying to get ahold of as many DOO, CAT, and POLARIS dealers as i can .. why should a guy spend $10000+ on a sled and still have an issue like this .. seen some reservoirs warped right out of the box .. saves dealers from having to pull off reservoirs to only replace em with another one that will just warp again with short period of time ..

do me a favor if you could and stop into your dealer to show em what i have to offer .. have em contact me .. i already have some dealers scattered across North America ..

DAN_03REV@YAHOO.COM
i ship to CANADA quite often so no problem if customer/dealer is over the border ..

Will do Dan!! I have to go pick up some parts so I can tinker more since I cant ride yet!!:frusty::frusty:

dirtball08

Lifetime Membership
Oct 28, 2008
strathmore, ab
[hanOTE=Oregonsledder;2865135]The issue is that on many oil tanks, when you tighten the oil cap, it deforms the neck and then cross threads. In some cases it will leak. this fix, makes it so that when you tighten the cap it doesn't cross thread. Very good idea... I wish I had thought of it![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I had a 2000 800 rmk no problem, and still have the 04 rev 800 and no problems. I just bought a 12 pro 800, I'll have to check this out when I go and pick it up.

Premium Features