• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil pump sticking

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
I started looking at leaning out my oil pump to see if it could clean up the low end bog that seems to have gotten worse lately. After getting a mirror next to my pump it appears it's set to stock Spec (rich) but what I started to notice is if I slowly squeeze the throttle from about 1/4 to 5/8 and let off slowly the pump will stick open. If I open the throttle all the way and let it slap close it doesn't stick. Kinda interesting if you ask me. I sprayed brake clean on the spring and worked the throttle a tons. Seems to be acting normal now. I did find a old thread where guys would zip tie the oil pump tabs together. Hope this works. FYI guys checks your pumps. 2014 m8000 1,100 miles and cat oil only.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
My 2016 m8000le did that from new. Got replaced on warranty. It was a lot worse than yours, if I snapped throttle it would close 6 of 10 tries, a slow release to idle it always stuck a little more than half open. Very rich, very smokey at cold start up. Wasnleaving oil stains on sled deck and shop floor, I had more of a high end bog though

Premium Features