• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil pump settings?

F

freight_train

Sep 16, 2010
Just put back together a pro rmk looking for some info as to the alignment marks (mark on pump) v on plate I understand you should align these with the throttle bodies closed all the way or should it be at idle ? Does this sound right?

F

freight_train

Sep 16, 2010
E203CDDD-1E7B-46BB-9AFA-236EF6718FD1.png
so I initially lined up the point on the v with the scribe mark then adjusted the screw clockwise 3 turns this is what it looks like with the throttle bodies closed anyone chime in (my reasoning for running it turned up is a run a big bore)

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
That looks fine, I would keep track of how much oil you use. You can use a lot of oil before causing running problems,
like 20-1. I would shoot for around 40-1.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Polaris recommends that the horizontal line on top of the round post next to the lever should be pointed at the bottom of the V/notch in the lever.

F

freight_train

Sep 16, 2010
Where did you get that info? Just curious I was under the impression factory setting should mate at the point?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Good spot to start - as stated, start calc'ing to find where you are on ratio. Stock back then could be 60:1 or higher. FWIW, on my 800 CFI2s I also ran 100:1 in my fuel tank, just to squirt some oil on the front of the pistons. Ran 3 of them over 9k miles combined with zero issues. One of them had a higher comp head and aftermarket pistons. Factory setting is scribe to middle of v-notch on arm - page 2.10 of the 2011 service manual. Good luck.

Premium Features