• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro xtx studs

Shattered1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2012
Juneau, AK
I put Kold Kutter traction screws in my track last winter when it warmed up in January and refroze. They work great. They are inexpensive and fairly easy to install. Most people around here didn't ride for a month or so after everything turned into a sheet of ice. I was out just about every day. I rode from January to April pretty regularly and can't see that I lost any screws.

I had an incident a few seasons back where I pulling a pretty steep hill and got to the top and it was icy. I came down backwards and had no brakes and no control. I was able to ride out, but I damaged my sled and wrecked a knee. If I had the traction screws, I never would have eaten it. That's when I bought them but I never installed them until last season when it got so icy.

I have a good quarter inch clearance between my paddles and my cooler, so I haven't had any issues with dinging my cooler. I don't know how much clearance there is on a Nytro XTX, but if there's room I would highly recommend them. You can recess them a bit as well if you are worried about clearance.

I'm so impressed with them that any sled I get in the future is going to get them.

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
if you don't believe me go on ty4stroke and look up how many people have f-d up front coolers on the xtx trying to run 1.45" and larger studs. or try it out. sh!t I dont care. if you dont like my answer, as I am trying to help you. try it out and find out for yourself.

Premium Features