• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro windsheilds looking for a ornge one

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
iam looking for a orange nytro windshield shorty preferably have not seen one anywhere, there is one for the phazer anybody know if the phazer sheild will work

snowbank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
meridian id
here is a little trick I do with windshields get a clear one and paint the inside of it what ever color you want I do it to all of my sleds I have used cheap flat black paint and by painting the inside it gives it a deep gloss look try it out on an old windshield you have laying around. Here is my XP with a 2 minute paint job.

Attachments

• xp1.jpg
    xp1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
Orange? What kind of funky color scheme have you got going?

I just cut my stock windshield down by about 3". I wet sanded the inside of the windshield with 1500 grit to create a good profile for the paint to stick to. I painted the inside with Krylon plastic paint. It looks real glossy from the outside and has not chipped or cracked even after a few roll overs.

Attachments

• Nytro RHS.jpg
    Nytro RHS.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 162
P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
get the r/c car body paint...lots of colors and wont flake off when you roll the sled. tower hobbies should have it

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c

I just cut my stock windshield down by about 3". I wet sanded the inside of the windshield with 1500 grit to create a good profile for the paint to stick to. I painted the inside with Krylon plastic paint. It looks real glossy from the outside and has not chipped or cracked even after a few roll overs.

oh just wait you will see i never have had a normal color when it comes to sleds i like to be differnt:D:rolleyes::beer;

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
thanks for the ideas guys would like a chrome orange one maybe some orange on my chrome shield;);):face-icon-small-hap:beer;

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I did the Red Chrome paint job...pic does NOT do it justice...

CIMG0244Medium.jpg

nytro3Medium.jpg

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
they make a special paint, that is an apply two coats thing...you spray a base layer that is essentially a high gloss silver, then you apply the color coat over that...it comes in paint cans (rattle cans) and should be able to get it at most checker auto or stuff like that...

it is made by Duplicolor, and called MetalCast... The orange, is color code MC-205

Here is link to it... http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html

It handles some abuse, but you really need to do a good job of prepping it, and it will handle pretty good abuse in the hills...a few roll overs and it will be toast, but pretty easy to redo...

O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
depending on the color of orange you want you should go to a paint store and match the color you want with one of there chips. if it is a candy color do a test on a black panel.first shoot silver then 2 to three coats of candy to get the color you want. being orange try basing with gold metallic then orange or tangerine candy then some cheep rattle can clear. that will let you know what color you will have. then scuff and paint the back of the windshield in reverse candy first then silver or gold. and finally blk.

S

scarlier

Dec 29, 2009
Sicamous, BC

If u are still on Snowest what did u use for a blade to cut it???

M
Jan 14, 2004
If you could find the right color, that Krylon plastic paint works awesome. I painted my white Nytro hood black last year with it thinking it would all peel off and look like crap with white showing through, I abused the hell out of it in the trees and it just came back for more, its really durable. Bonus is it dirt cheap. Prep the plastic just like it says on the can and you are good to go. They may even make a plastic primer or something but that paint sticks like $hit to fur on plastic.

M5

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
If u are still on Snowest what did u use for a blade to cut it???

I used a dremel tool with a little abrasive cutting wheel. It worked really well. Painted windshield is holding up great. No flaking or chipping. Surface preparation is the key here I think.

Premium Features