• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro tunnel extension project

T
Nov 6, 2013
Got the side pieces back from water jet the other day. Started assembly. I am still waiting for the smooth piece without tail light holes to show up but in the meantime I mocked up the original tunnel section to give you guys an idea of what I am creating. This will be ok for those of you that want to keep your stock tail light and allows for a tip up in the back. The side pieces are added to the side of the tunnel for added strength and support. Here are a few pics. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

IMG_0570.jpg IMG_0571.jpg IMG_0572.jpg IMG_0573.jpg

C
Dec 3, 2007
Alberta
Those look great. I like the thick area right above the rear mount.
I have a TB 162 tunnel with only a partial stiffner plate up to the rear mount. I was hit from behind last season & now have a creased tunnel right at the mount.
Talked to several other AM tunnel owners & they say that it is common to bend, crease the tunnel in that area.

What is the cost on a set of these plates? I would be interested if they could match up to my tunnel.
Where are you located?

T
Nov 6, 2013
It would depend on how much tip up your tunnel has....I made these to have a 4" tip up I believe. The two side pieces would cost somewhere around 300. I think the cutting them with the water jet makes it a little pricey. I am in westlock but am hoping that I can get a performance shop to carry them for me in Edmonton

T
Nov 6, 2013
Here is an update....tunnel stiffeners installed and uses all the stock tunnel components. These stiffeners can make your tunnel look aftermarket with the help of some vinyl wrap. If that's not your flavor a tunnel extension will work too. This is for a 163 or a 153" Nytro. Enjoy.

IMG_0578.jpg IMG_0579.jpg IMG_0580.jpg IMG_0581.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features