• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nxt Lvl Windshield bag, can you fit it behind a windshield?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
The entire planet seems to use these things. Personally I think they look like a loaded diaper sitting on top of your sled. Plus I don't get paid by next level or skinz or fly to have bigass logos all over my stuff.

Can you put back on the windshield in front of these things? And yes I like a small windshield to funnel snow to the sides a little bit and reduce what ends up in my lap. Anybody tried it?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
There's a reason the entire planet uses them. They're awesome. I think they're ugly too, but I dare you to try one. The stock windshield won't fit with it, but it would defeat the purpose anyway. Nxt Lvl bags don't pop off when you roll your sled. And I roll my sled all the time. I also have my GPS mounted to the top of it for excellent visibility when exploring.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
There's a reason the entire planet uses them. They're awesome. I think they're ugly too, but I dare you to try one. The stock windshield won't fit with it, but it would defeat the purpose anyway. Nxt Lvl bags don't pop off when you roll your sled. And I roll my sled all the time. I also have my GPS mounted to the top of it for excellent visibility when exploring.

Yeah functionally in terms of storage, those things look awesome, which is why I'm asking. They look bigger than the one polaris sells, have you seen one of those in person?

I just noticed the mid shield that came on my sled is cracked, presumably from rolling it somewhere so I'm getting something.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I've had both, and in terms of what has been said about the Nxt Lvl looking like a diaper, I agree. Although its more like a diaper stuffed with a diaper,.. I returned it back to the dealer I bought it from. This is what I use and like it very much https://snowmobiles.polaris.com/en-ca/shop/accessories/storage-bags/2882917/
I have had the Polaris bag in the link for 3 years. Really like it. I am sure the other ones are good, but they look like hell.

P
Oct 12, 2019
I’ve use the Polaris windshield bag for years. with there mid height windshield and never had a problem with roll overs. And the little bit of added wind protection off your chest helps on the ride in and out.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've got the NxtLvl bag on my 2013 Pro.
I've got the Polaris windshield replacement bag on my 2016 600.
I've got the Polaris low heated windshield bag that goes behind the windshield on my 2019. I've also got this dash bag on my 2019. I like this combination a lot.

I like each of them about the same, but for different reasons. Aesthetically, I think I like the LoPro heated bag on my 2019.

I've got the NxtLvl bag on my 2013 Pro.
I've got the Polaris windshield replacement bag on my 2016 600.
I've got the Polaris low heated windshield bag that goes behind the windshield on my 2019. I've also got this dash bag on my 2019. I like this combination a lot.

I like each of them about the same, but for different reasons. Aesthetically, I think I like the LoPro heated bag on my 2019.

I use both the dash bag and the windshield replacement, which is also heated like the low heated windshield bag.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Besides more storage, this is why I like the Next Lvl bag. It allows me to put the GPS in a sweet location.
070fe04f156ab577db1e5135bc2350c9.jpg

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Would the Polaris handle bar bag clear with that Polaris dash bag? (low bars)

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Would the Polaris handle bar bag clear with that Polaris dash bag? (low bars)

I don't like handlebar bags, because they block the gauge view and my tether, but I have a couple Cat bags I keep around for buddies that rent sleds. I crammed one on so you can get an idea. I think you'd be fine with both bags. Although, my dash bag holds 2 bottles of water, lighter, Leatherman and a saw, and maybe a granola bar or two. That's enough stuff for me.
dd4fb6f4143632fb5fdc254b1dbe172e.jpg
d04e1ffd3f16950ec8712486ba877739.jpg

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I just got the smaller polaris bag.

And then noticed my windshield is cracked in half up the middle. If any of you guys who put bags on and took off your shield want to sell me your old low black one hit me up.

That's part of the reason I wanted a behind bag.....to support the thing. Derp

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
I don't like handlebar bags, because they block the gauge view and my tether, but I have a couple Cat bags I keep around for buddies that rent sleds. I crammed one on so you can get an idea. I think you'd be fine with both bags. Although, my dash bag holds 2 bottles of water, lighter, Leatherman and a saw, and maybe a granola bar or two. That's enough stuff for me.
dd4fb6f4143632fb5fdc254b1dbe172e.jpg
d04e1ffd3f16950ec8712486ba877739.jpg
I can confirm with low bars the dash bag and bar bag will not work together

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I didn’t like the look of the windshield bags and still kind of don’t, but my wife got the Polaris heated one for me to try. At first when I put it on I kind of wanted to take it right back off, but I held off until I tried to use it. I have now and it’s awesome, holds spare goggles, 2 pair gloves, inReach, some snack food, and has little room yet. I like it’s usefulness a lot more than I don’t like the looks, so I’ll be leaving it on

Premium Features