• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nxt lvl max handlebar bag.

P

provoyager

Mar 22, 2021
Alaska
I see guys run the smaller nxt lvl bag, but had anybody run the big Pac max bag with the quick disconnect mounts? I'm trying to decide between this one and the sled solutions bag.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I just recently bought the Max Nxtlevel. Sled Solutions was out of stock at the time. If they had been in stock I would have bought SS. One thing I like about the SS is how the first compartment facing you is setup from what I see in the photos. Plus if there is a problem with SS they are still in business, Skinz is not.

P

provoyager

Mar 22, 2021
Alaska
I just recently bought the Max Nxtlevel. Sled Solutions was out of stock at the time. If they had been in stock I would have bought SS. One thing I like about the SS is how the first compartment facing you is setup from what I see in the photos. Plus if there is a problem with SS they are still in business, Skinz is not.
Oh ok. I was thinking the skinz bag had a similar set up on the inside of the first bag. I like the ss bag just curious of the differences. I was kind of thinking a guy could tighten the skinz bag tighter to the bars so it wouldn't rattle around.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com

Not to mention they used to build our bags until they DIDN'T....we got the short end of that stick.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
So it just wasn't the coincidence I thought it was at the time. You're still going - hopefully doing well - they called it a day despite Hawksworth/Skinz getting $259,643 in PPP to keep 18 jobs in AZ through the two rounds of PPP. (Public info on federalpay.org. Even "Joe's Lawn Service" in Traverse City got $626 for one job.) Don't know their forgiveness/repay status, of course, but I've not heard of one legit PPP loan not being forgiven or repaid, yet. US Taxpayers and fellow industry competitors - you are welcome!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
So it just wasn't the coincidence I thought it was at the time. You're still going - hopefully doing well - they called it a day despite Hawksworth/Skinz getting $259,643 in PPP to keep 18 jobs in AZ through the two rounds of PPP. (Public info on federalpay.org. Even "Joe's Lawn Service" in Traverse City got $626 for one job.) Don't know their forgiveness/repay status, of course, but I've not heard of one legit PPP loan not being forgiven or repaid, yet. US Taxpayers and fellow industry competitors - you are welcome!
No, not a coincidence. I was with them since 2006 and trusted the wrong people unfortunately, I could honestly write a book on the whole situation. It hasn't been easy but we're slowly rebuilding our product line, last winter we sold quite a few Quick Lock Handlebar Bags.

Interesting info on the PPP....

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
No, not a coincidence. I was with them since 2006 and trusted the wrong people unfortunately, I could honestly write a book on the whole situation. It hasn't been easy but we're slowly rebuilding our product line, last winter we sold quite a few Quick Lock Handlebar Bags.

Yeah the PPP thing was basically a situation of:

Take it and benefit:
Or don’t take it: and your competition does take it and undercut the jobs you are bidding on.

Then you are doubly screwed.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I learned a long time ago watching a cousin have his patents infringed on by others. In business they talk about Short tail and long tail of a product from the innovators to the copy cats. What they don't teach you about is the number of blatant thieves out there ready to copy your product and your business model regardless if you are manufacturing or you open a juice smoothie shop. Virtually everyone in business knows to only do business with people they trust. Some think they can secure trust at the shake of a hand and while it's honorable I watched by cousin get burned, time and time again by those he thought he could trust with a handshake rather than a written partnership agreement. Partnerships are sure of one thing, an eventual breakup and a well written contract keeps parties from ripping each other off. As far as designs and patents, my cousin learned that they are yours as long as well as you can legally defend your patent or design in a court of law by suing the sh$t out of anyone early before they get traction. I hope Sled Solutions, that you keep going and building and innovating a big identity brand that replaces Skinz. They industry needs a company that continuously adapts and builds product for us.

P

provoyager

Mar 22, 2021
Alaska

Ok, I just ordered my sled solutions bag. You all convinced me.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010

PPP is fact, of course. It is all public information, with no BS. Applaud you for not making a thing of the bag design infringement at the time. Character is demonstrated through actions, not words. Hats tipped to you.

IP ripoff suxs, laws vary from state-to-state, and for small business-to-small business, the value received from a favorable outcome grossly exceeds the time and cost of getting a judgement unless it's just flagrant and abusive. Good IP attorneys are not cheap, and low experience lightweights not worth the effort. NDA and IP contracts set expectations and provide steps to end a business relationship and get property, like designs and tooling, back if it goes sideways, always good, getting actual damages through them isn't cheap or fast.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
PPP is fact, of course. It is all public information, with no BS. Applaud you for not making a thing of the bag design infringement at the time. Character is demonstrated through actions, not words. Hats tipped to you.

IP ripoff suxs, laws vary from state-to-state, and for small business-to-small business, the value received from a favorable outcome grossly exceeds the time and cost of getting a judgement unless it's just flagrant and abusive. Good IP attorneys are not cheap, and low experience lightweights not worth the effort. NDA and IP contracts set expectations and provide steps to end a business relationship and get property, like designs and tooling, back if it goes sideways, always good, getting actual damages through them isn't cheap or fast.

I'm a one man show, I don't have the time or the money to go after them. It's not easy to sit back and watch others buy "their" bags but I need to stay focused and have faith that in the end it will all work out.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I'm a one man show, I don't have the time or the money to go after them. It's not easy to sit back and watch others buy "their" bags but I need to stay focused and have faith that in the end it will all work out.
Well, looks like there is opportunity to fill the void they just left. Maybe time to look at expansion and hiring people on.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Forskinz. Well, the old man anyway, kids are awright.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Remembering the 90's and early 2000's on the overpriced OEM garbage storage bags and the cheaper garbage aftermarket bags. Looking at the quality materials and what is being put together today I hope it doesn't go back to what it used to be by businesses closing up shop. I'm not seeing too many young guys designing, making and selling such product these days.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Remembering the 90's and early 2000's on the overpriced OEM garbage storage bags and the cheaper garbage aftermarket bags. Looking at the quality materials and what is being put together today I hope it doesn't go back to what it used to be by businesses closing up shop. I'm not seeing too many young guys designing, making and selling such product these days.
The real issue is finding companies willing take on the work. I agree that the industry needs a higher end bag which is what we are about, but it's not always as simple as just doing it. It's been a frustrating 4 years to say the least....25 companies have turned us down. There are only so many companies that do the more difficult work. We are keeping on so at some point it will get done and I'm really shooting for next winter to have a tunnel bag ready again.

Premium Features