• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Not How I Wanted to Start Pre-Season Maintenance

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Only downside of the DSC adjusters are they require you to break into that big tool pack to adjust them! They get covered with ice too, but so do my Raptor and front Fox clicker wheels so they aren't anymore friendly to adjust. QS3 knobs are about the only reliable way to change settings easily on the hill, but I have seen snow, ice, sticks, etc. turn them on accident.

Broken arm with torn ligaments where it meets up to my wrist from earlier this summer has left me with a little less wrist flexibility on one side. That coupled with the typical sloppy steering components has me looking at a laydown post to try in this rig. I only want a 1" forward block to go with that so I don't have to deal with breaking the curved chassis spar needed for a 2" forward setup. The Turcotte kit that OFT used to have would have been perfect, but it looks like they are MIA now. I see Canada sled parts makes a sturdy looking 1" block with a bronze bushing: https://www.canadasledparts.com/product/arctic-cat-2012-16-rider-forward-kit/
Anyone else know of a similar part?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Saw the discussion on the Polaris forum reminding people to check their belt to sheave clearance. I'm glad I went over there because it reminded me to look at mine. I could slide the shank of a 3/32" (0.094") drill bit in this gap with a 111 belt! Totally explains why I've been smoking the belt at the bottom of the sheaves and dragging the rpms down on engagement. Have been fighting it since I put this particular Team Roller bearing clutch on my old sled. I remember checking the original old style primary clutch and it was right at 0.020" where it should be.
PXL_20221206_052526499.jpg

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Saw the discussion on the Polaris forum reminding people to check their belt to sheave clearance. I'm glad I went over there because it reminded me to look at mine. I could slide the shank of a 3/32" (0.094") drill bit in this gap with a 111 belt! Totally explains why I've been smoking the belt at the bottom of the sheaves and dragging the rpms down on engagement. Have been fighting it since I put this particular Team Roller bearing clutch on my old sled. I remember checking the original old style primary clutch and it was right at 0.020" where it should be.
View attachment 396707
Baby got gap

F
Jan 3, 2008
I put some Venom delrin washers in the last time I was in mine with a fresh spring. They are really thin so shouldn't affect spring pressure much and only $10. They make them for the BOSS secondary as well: https://venomproducts.com/product/delrin-washer-3-pk-2/

I asked Racin Station about rollers in my Tied clutch since they were starting to get a little play. He said they don't worry about them unless they are really worn. Not sure if that applies to the BOSS system, but never a bad idea to keep clutches in top shape IMO.
Hey Boondocker97, Did you put the three Delrin washers in? One on each end of the spring plus another under the spring cup?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I want to say two between the spring and roller spider and one between the cup and the clutch, but I can't remember exactly.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I went with the bdx sec spyder for my boss sec. Comes with a glide washer for the spyder side and rollers installed. Seemed like a no brainer. I’ll probably have to get some heavy hitting weights with all this new power I just unleashed lol

Premium Features