• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Normal clothing vs. snowmobile clothing

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
To this day I don't understand what the "fad" is with the multi or flourescent colored/black one piece suits sledders wear. Is it just me or are you guys lost in the 80's? Just too old to know any better? ;) I wear normal looking Snowboard gear in which I don't feel like a tool in. Am I the only one around here? All my other sled buddies wear snowboard type clothing as well...

Start your rants people :D :p

Let it snow!

Last edited:

Beartoothclimb

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Hailey, ID
I'm a skier first and sledder second and also find it humorous some of the stuff these people are wearing.

Looks like a lot of it doesn't even breath.

but it gives a good laugh each time ya see somebody in their reflective 1 piece walking around.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
If your worried about what you look like you have other issues to deal with. ;)

sabels

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2007
Flatlands
I wasn't aware of the fact it was a fashion show. Guess it's time to ditch the John Deere 1 piece!

K
To this day I don't understand what the "fad" is with the multi or flourescent colored/black one piece suits sledders wear. Is it just me or are you guys lost in the 80's? Just too old to know any better? ;) I wear normal looking Snowboard gear in which I don't feel like a tool in. Am I the only one around here? All my other sled buddies wear snowboard type clothing as well...

Let it snow!

I've wondered the same thing. Especially when you look at the price tag on Klim sled wear. Just the other day I looked at a Kilm coat here in Canada at the Polaris dealer and it was $479.:eek: You can get a good Burton or Solomon snowboard coat for around $300 to $350. That's ridiculous too but still a considerable savings. I wore good waterproof snowboard pants the past 2 seasons and they worked well but, on the real heavy powder days it would have been nice to have something higher in the waist. This year found a sale on a sled outfit, $400 for both breathable waterproof pants and coat so gonna give that a try.

Some of the sledding gear is made out of thicker stuff, more durable, I mean, face it, when your skiing or boarding, there isn't a runningboard full of sharp alumium objects to fall onto, wipe out and hook your arm on the runningboard. I say all this, but I wear a HMK coat and Oakley pants, but, the Oakley pants are one of the few pants I've had that have held up. I don't know, I bought the HMK coat because I found it for $165 on closeout, and snagged it!

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
are you talking about those goofy mid-west riders. ;)

wearing orange, green, and yellow...and most of the time all 3 colors in their whole outfit? :p

usually i see them riding cats and short tracks, but now n then u get the yellow guys on doos.

the one positive is your buddies can pick you out a bit easier in the trees!

for me, blue works. black soaks up too much sun/heat during the later months in the spring/summer riding. and black blends in way too much when hunting for someone in the trees. that and well, blue all the sudden fits the sled i'm riding.

S

Snow Flake

I like the Klime gear but I can't afford two sets of it and my wife insists that its the only snowmobile gear that fits her, so guess who gets the klime. I hate the bright colored stuff. Christ those guys wearing that look like a bunch of fishing lures. I'm past the age where I have a need to impress anyone with my looks so I wear my 26 year old yamaha jacket and cabellas bibs. My boots are 32 year old sorrels, only replaced the liners twice so far and had the outers stitched up at the shoe shop a couple times.

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007

Let it snow!

are you riding on a ski slope? cause thats the only place you wouldnt look like a tool wearing that stuff, poser;)

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I think i'm gonna invest in some pricy Klim gloves this year, because nothing else has cut it so far. But as far as anything else, not worth the money! I found $40 no name pants they are amazing, 2 years on the first pair and they still look new, I don't know what the outside is made out of but they don't get wet except for the very bottom after a day of riding they are bone dry! My buddy borrowed my extra pair for a day and almost took them home on purpose because they are the best pants, not to mention for the price I don't care If I need a new pair every season. I just wish I could find a jacket that was the same and the same price.

I could careless what I look like, last 2 years i've rode a Doo with a green Arctic Cat helmet, every single piece of my gear is a different color, but I really don't care i'm warm and dry and it was all cheap so i'm far ahead of the guys spending $1500 for a set of Klim!

Last edited:
W
Nov 26, 2007
Snoqualmie, WA
I wear a pair of Columbia shell pants that I bought on sale for $40.00. They work great for me. I have always stayed dry even in the sloppy Southeast AK riding. The only problem that I have is when I was changing plugs once I leaned my leg against the pipe and burned a little tiny hole through them.:mad: I haven't been able to find another pair.

J
Apr 11, 2008
North Bend , WA
REps to you too. it's all about function!!:beer;
I think i'm gonna invest in some pricy Klim gloves this year, because nothing else has cut it so far. But as far as anything else, not worth the money! I found $40 no name pants they are amazing, 2 years on the first pair and they still look new, I don't know what the outside is made out of but they don't get wet except for the very bottom after a day of riding they are bone dry! My buddy borrowed my extra pair for a day and almost took them home on purpose because they are the best pants, not to mention for the price I don't care If I need a new pair every season. I just wish I could find a jacket that was the same and the same price.

I could careless what I look like, last 2 years i've rode a Doo with a green Arctic Cat helmet, every single piece of my gear is a different color, but I really don't care i'm warm and dry and it was all cheap so i'm far ahead of the guys spending $1500 for a set of Klim!

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
wow, didn't know we had so many run way models on here.

If snowboard gear works for you, you don't ride in deep enough snow.

Premium Features