• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No idle after top end rebuild?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
10psi of cranking compression and it still runs?

Just for fun, if you hold the throttle safety switch in (the hinged part at the throttle block), will it still idle?

While it's idling...
Do you have headlights?
Does the dash gauge still work?

Have you checked the power at the DC and AC wire harness down by the voltage regulator on the clutch cover?

Last edited:
R
Nov 21, 2018
Hey there, late to the party but i just rebuilt my 15 pro and am having same issues, wondering if you were ever able to figure yours out? when i was trying to get it running i did move the tps sensor and got it to idle fine but has no power under load on flat ground and cuts out. adjusted my TPS to factory specs and now back to not idle and backfire. looking for help here its making me crazy. Thanks

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Gotta make sure you hold throttle body butterflies wide open too when youre doing compression test so that the engine can get some air to it as well...easily forgotten step if your not well versed in doing them.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Gotta make sure you hold throttle body butterflies wide open too when youre doing compression test so that the engine can get some air to it as well...easily forgotten step if your not well versed in doing them.

Exactly. Sounds like the OP is long gone and never reported back but there’s no way that sled is going to start on 10lbs of compression

Premium Features