• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No headlights or brake lights but fuses are ok

H
Jan 6, 2013
I have a 2004 MX z 800 Rev . The thing runs great but i lost power to the headlights taillights and dash lights while it was idling in the garage. At the time of this i had my hand on the brake and was flipping the high beam light switch. I could only find 2 - 20 amp fuzes which were ok. Is there another location where fuzes are found? The machine is pull start , no battery. Like i said it still runs great even though this problem exists. Could it be a voltage regulator or does this sound like a stator problem and how would a guy check to eliminate the problem.

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
These sleds also have a relay located near those fuses you checked. The relay is known to fail causing the sort of issues you are experiencing. Check it out!

H
Jan 6, 2013
Problem fixed

After reading the replies to my post and with words of advice about checking the relay, I started the sled up and hit the relay with a screw driver and the lights turned on but went out again, taped it again and it's been working ever since. Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction....... Now it's Time To Ride! Amen..... Pass the beer nuts!

J
Dec 25, 2019
Same problem with 07 Rev Renegade 600..
Which relay is it? One of the 2 in the fuse box ,or is there another above and behind the clutch like someone mentioned?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Premium Features