• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No bully dog for 19-20 800?

Speed-Demon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 25, 2020
AK
Hello
Looking to soup up my ‘19 800 rmk. Pipe, can, head not enough for me. Thinking of porting or big bore. So, if I’m wanting to kick this sled up another notch, I need to adjust fuel curves, etc. to take full advantage of higher flowing intake and exhaust. SLP says bully dog doesn’t work on ‘19-20. BMP says no problem, it’s the same as 18 and earlier. Anyone have their 19-20 800 reflashed for extensive modifications beyond the basic pipe, can, head set up? Who did it? Good results, bad results? Seems odd that it would be any different than ‘18 and earlier for basically the exact same sled. For what it’s worth, I always used SLP with excellent results. But, that was near 20 years back. Thanks

R
Sep 28, 2009
Hello
Looking to soup up my ‘19 800 rmk. Pipe, can, head not enough for me. Thinking of porting or big bore. So, if I’m wanting to kick this sled up another notch, I need to adjust fuel curves, etc. to take full advantage of higher flowing intake and exhaust. SLP says bully dog doesn’t work on ‘19-20. BMP says no problem, it’s the same as 18 and earlier. Anyone have their 19-20 800 reflashed for extensive modifications beyond the basic pipe, can, head set up? Who did it? Good results, bad results? Seems odd that it would be any different than ‘18 and earlier for basically the exact same sled. For what it’s worth, I always used SLP with excellent results. But, that was near 20 years back. Thanks
<< been running same kit for 3 years. All bolt on. P.M. me to disuss>>

Speed-Demon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 25, 2020
AK
AK. 0-5000 ft. Typical backcountry riding.
I’m old school as $*%#. I port and twin/triple/quad pipe everything. I know the advantages to these type of modifications when tuned properly. But now I have to rely on the ecu to keep my engine happy, not my own personal tried and true methods. Which is cool, I just need to know who’s got good reliable experience with this set up. If there’s something funny about turning the wick up on these engines, I understand that too. As not all engines are built for bigger hp. But the right tune and the right rider make a big difference. Thanks

Premium Features