• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No acceleration, idles fine.

G
Jan 1, 2022
Idaho
Hey everyone, I’m stumped. I bought a used 2012 Pro 800 in December. When I got it home I changed the chain case oil, plugs, belt, and fuel filter. Who knows when the last time that was done. I’ve been chasing a problem for a while and I think I’m at the point to ask for some help. It idles fine, starts easy, I don’t hear any unusual engine noise. Once it warms up it won’t rev, the first couple run at the throttle it seems like it wants to go but then it will fall on its face. I can get it to move but very slowly. It won’t rev under load. I took the belt off and it would rev to around 7500 rpm, maybe more but I didn’t want to push it. Belt on, it might make 5-6000 rpm on the lift, maybe 5000 on the snow. The dealer had it for a week and said the fuel pump was bad. I replaced it, same problem. The dealer also said the stator and regulator tested ok. I’ve also removed the TSS and taped it, same problem. Does anyone have any ideas? I have a video but I can’t upload it on my phone, it sounds electrical, maybe clutching. I appreciate the help.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
It could be that your tss is bad. Get a tss by pass plug. Theres a few members on the forum that sell them. Also check your tps. I've had a couple go bad. The sled would idle fine then fall on its face and die at about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. 1 sled had an error code come up the other did not.

G
Jan 1, 2022
Idaho
Thought I’d close the loop on this just in case it will help someone else. The O-rings on the fuel line where it attaches to the fuel rail were damaged. Either a piece of O-ring was clogging something or it was sucking air. I took off the fuel rail, cleaned it up, had the injectors cleaned and tested, and replaced the O-rings. Thanks to those who offered ideas.

Premium Features