• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nice DDoo

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
:D
TWINSETS.jpg
[/IMG]

S

Snow Flake

what year?

I think it's a 73. First year of the Elan SS. I worked for a dealer and bought one. They had a dual carb 250 twin. There was something wrong with the design. Both clutching and cooling. They would run like a scalded cat when they were cold but soon as the engine warmed up they would start bogging.

The factory put us through hell with a new fix for them ever week. Each new fix supposed to be the real deal. I not only had a sled I couldn't ride in the mountains, every Monday morning there was a bunch of peed off customers waiting for me at the shop.

The factory finally agreed to take them back and give credit on another model. I took a 335 Oly, put the engine in my old 71 Elan and was happy ever after.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Craig Colorado
I think it's a 73. First year of the Elan SS. I worked for a dealer and bought one. They had a dual carb 250 twin. There was something wrong with the design. Both clutching and cooling. They would run like a scalded cat when they were cold but soon as the engine warmed up they would start bogging.

The factory put us through hell with a new fix for them ever week. Each new fix supposed to be the real deal. I not only had a sled I couldn't ride in the mountains, every Monday morning there was a bunch of peed off customers waiting for me at the shop.

The factory finally agreed to take them back and give credit on another model. I took a 335 Oly, put the engine in my old 71 Elan and was happy ever after.

My first sled was a '74 SS with the 294 twin. Years of fun!

Premium Features