• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nextech sl3 skid

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Checked out their website, pretty cool stuff.

But wow - almost $4000 for that ski to save 16.8 pounds. That also doesn't include the cost of the shocks.

Would be fun to have lots of money and see how light you could really make a Summit.

Stimpy97c

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2014
The SL3 ski-doo skid works pretty well. It feels a lot like a Polaris skid in that it carries the ski's about 6" or so off the snow when climbing and doesn't turn into the porpoising wheelie monster the T-motion skid seems to be. The weight difference in the rear is very noticeable on a Doo. I can't speak directly for Carl but I do remember talks about changing the length of the front arm a couple years ago. I do have a problem with periodically breaking the limiter(s) strap on the SL3 skid. It is a lot of money and I do like the performance of another skid better, but it is an option I think needs to be considered if the funds allow.

As far as lightweight goes, I believe I currently have one of the lightest factory turbos built. Its a 154 Summit that weighed 430 +/-5 with oil and coolant in it. I have the RS cooler swap to do this fall, but have only done the current commercially available products on the market for lightweight. I am at the point of having to fabricate my own stuff now.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I DM’d Rob Alford on IG about this skid, he runs it in his 175 the last 2 seasons he said. he had to add a gram of weight to the clutch after installing. He said it gets up on top of the snow fast. I’m excited to try it. Have one on order for my 165. Will post review of my opinions later this season.

T
Aug 8, 2011
I ended up getting a couple of them. One for my 175 and one for my 165. I’ve got the 175 in the sled and got a ride on it.

A few things. 1st and foremost, these skids are absolute works of art. The carbon work is insane, the hardware is top notch…I don’t know of any more quality product in the sled world.
2nd, the change in feel the skid created is impressive! It’s light, you can tell it. It also rolls extremely freely. I had an Enzo setup in the stock skid and it worked extremely well, I was nervous I wasn’t going to like the feel of the sled without the stock skid in it. The nextech has perfect controlled flex, the sled is on rails.
This skid also gets on top of the snow really fast…just hops up and starts building speed.

Killer product so far.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Two rides now on the SL3 carbon skid. I can’t wait to ride it in some deep snow. So far everything is a huge improvement over the stock setup. The sled stays on top of the snow now while performing maneuvers where the stock skid had a tendency to dig. It feels amazing on edge in the trees. You can tell that it’s lighter, also less snow builds up in skid frame. The bumped out trail was fun to ride, I don’t think I’ve ever ridden that fast through whoops, lol. The way I had my stock skid set up was fox QS3 coils w/ ZRP zmotion, ZRP rail brace and lockout washers, it weighed just under 49lbs for 165. Carbon sled skid with Float evol QS3 package was 30lbs.

Premium Features