• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nextech ice scratcher VS Ibexx scratcher

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Best? I don't know, but I have had good luck with these:

S
Jan 11, 2011
Ontario, Canada
How do they work on ice? ( the ones in the above post) The tip looks rounded and I wonder if it will just slide on the surface without making any "ice snow" I'm often on lakes that don't have any snow so need something that will work there.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
The doo double coils work on any sled. Simple, works on ice, reversible, tough, other than plastic hanger breaks on the rail mounted version, and there are metal hangers out there.

fastboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2008
Best? I don't know, but I have had good luck with these:

my vote is for ice storm

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
How do they work on ice? ( the ones in the above post) The tip looks rounded and I wonder if it will just slide on the surface without making any "ice snow" I'm often on lakes that don't have any snow so need something that will work there.

Compared to any of the other scratchers in use by our group, they tend to throw up as much or more spray, especially the standard wire type or the cable type.

Jonnytree

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
I second the Doo scratchers, I have been using them for two seasons. I find the work the best, especially since they are reversible.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The doo double coils work on any sled. Simple, works on ice, reversible, tough, other than plastic hanger breaks on the rail mounted version, and there are metal hangers out there.

The reverse feature on them is awesome.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
My experience is with nextech scratchers vs factory polaris and ice age scratchers. My friend and i have identical 850 155s. On the trail on the way in it seemed he was always running a little warmer with the nextech scratchers vs my factory ones. Granted he was leading and i always bring up the back of the group. Usually 2 sleds between us.
Ive had both scratchers and visually i feel the nextech scratchers dont kick up as much snow. But you have the option of backing up with outbreaking them. But id rather have more snow kicked up especially if i need it. So i run the ice age ones. They are lighter than the nextech also.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Anyone running the Ibexx ? From the looks of them they seem to have a better mounting system , not just some J hook sticking out to get broken off, and I don't think the springs on the Ibexx stick out past the track as far as the Nextech . The Ibexx looks like a cleaner fit.

srfink

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2013
Great Falls, MT
I run the Ibexx with no issues. Very easy install and only takes about 20 minutes. Actually takes longer to read the instructions (if you're into that kinda thing).

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
I got a chance to run my Ibexx scratchers this last weekend, They worked great on very icy trails and I loved the fact that I did not have to worry about picking them up if I wanted to back up. They look great on the sled and were a very easy install.

Premium Features