• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Yeti owner. What parts are you replacing mid-season?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Couple local guys replaced the center spindle carbon blade in the spindle.

one guy swapped the tunnel

some cracked titanium front torque arms.
not sure what year your kit is.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
For me it’s the belt drive side plastic housing , cover, brake pads, brake ice cover and back plastic plate. Normally I toast it early season on a stump or rock…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
On the new 2021 kits The only items that need looked at [ excluding damage from hitting obstacles}are the Hyfax. The narrow rails have more track hanging outward edge and get less lubrication from snow than the older wide rail spacing. They do wear faster if ewe run on hardpack snow.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
keep a center skag around. If you run scratchers your hyfax should last a few seasons, A spare spindle would be nice but pricy... Its bike parts I stock up on....

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Bearings after a season or two

Gen 1 and gen 2 calipers, I go thru brakes pretty fast and always have a set on hand.

Ski runners go fast if you are ticking any gravel. Old ones are way better than the new ones. Jacked the price and half as much material

Still on my original belt from 2015

Mark your bolts with a paint pen and make sure they aren’t moving. Blue loctite doesn’t stick to Ti very well.

Front Ti arm can crack if yours doesn’t have the cross brace at the bottom. Watch the welds at the top

The Ti jackshaft will eventually wear out. I think I’m on my second one. The teeth that contact the chain sprocket eventually give out.

That should be it if you don’t smash anything.

B
Nov 29, 2018
Check your bolts every ride, for the first few anyway. Paint lines are a good idea.

Custom fit the upper roller wheels bracket, where it fits against the front swingarm. Don’t let it rest on the welds.

What year is your kit?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
ewe must have an
Bearings after a season or two

Gen 1 and gen 2 calipers, I go thru brakes pretty fast and always have a set on hand.

Ski runners go fast if you are ticking any gravel. Old ones are way better than the new ones. Jacked the price and half as much material

Still on my original belt from 2015

Mark your bolts with a paint pen and make sure they aren’t moving. Blue loctite doesn’t stick to Ti very well.

Front Ti arm can crack if yours doesn’t have the cross brace at the bottom. Watch the welds at the top

The Ti jackshaft will eventually wear out. I think I’m on my second one. The teeth that contact the chain sprocket eventually give out.

That should be it if you don’t smash anything.
Ewe must have an old kit , They hadn't had Ti arms for 3 years now , All heavy duty steel and all the shafts are larger now.

Last edited:
C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
ewe must have an

Ewe must have an old kit , They hadn't had Ti arms for 3 years now , All heavy duty steel and all the shafts are larger now.
Ive got a line on a 2021 freeride 129 set up on a 2019 450fc.

They want 5500 for the kit,
Is that a legit asking price?

For deep dry Colorado snow is this a good option?
Complete noob to snowbikes, but want a kit i wont outgrow quickly.

Thoughts on freeride vs aro 3 for my 200# noob self compared to yeti?
Track speed yeti or 3 " lugs for Colorado snow.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The 2021 is a great solid kit.. The 3 inch track sucks the power down and requires lower gearing and poor track speed ,It great to crawl around and forgiving for new riders however the Yeti pulls very high RPM and will outclimb the 3 inch in most situations due to faster track/ground speed . I had a 3 inch 129 prototype track few years ago and took it off ,129 is great all round , 137 surely gets around better just after a big dump but less playfull. My favorite kit is the 137 SS skinny and 129 SS , go with 450 race bike .

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
The 2021 is a great solid kit.. The 3 inch track sucks the power down and requires lower gearing and poor track speed ,It great to crawl around and forgiving for new riders however the Yeti pulls very high RPM and will outclimb the 3 inch in most situations due to faster track/ground speed . I had a 3 inch 129 prototype track few years ago and took it off ,129 is great all round , 137 surely gets around better just after a big dump but less playfull. My favorite kit is the 137 SS skinny and 129 SS , go with 450 race bike .
Im going to follow the advice here and not try and use the same bike both seasons.
Dedicated winter bike, and something smaller with the letter W or X in it for summer

My buddy rides a 500 ktm and is encouraging me to go 3in..
I bet as a noob either would work, but i dont want to sacrifice track speed to chug my way through the deep stuff.
I can probably find some better prices on those SS models.
What do you think about the belt drive? They holding up okay?

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
5500 for a 2021 Yeti FR129 is a good price, especially if it has extras (yetirack or fuel can? wheel kit?) and/or fit kit parts for the bike you plan to use it on (and I prefer a MX450 over a 500 for snow).

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
5500 for a 2021 Yeti FR129 is a good price, especially if it has extras (yetirack or fuel can? wheel kit?) and/or fit kit parts for the bike you plan to use it on (and I prefer a MX450 over a 500 for snow).
Yep, includes the fit kit.
Was previously on the same bike im getting.
2019 550fc reprogrammed ECU, thermobob, heated bars, pretty much all the snow specific upgrades.
65 hours on the bike.
Getting it for 8k.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
Yep, includes the fit kit.
Was previously on the same bike im getting.
2019 550fc reprogrammed ECU, thermobob, heated bars, pretty much all the snow specific upgrades.
65 hours on the bike.
Getting it for 8k.
Edit 450fc.
I've got two easy options as far as track kits available locally right now. Fit kits for the same bike.
What is the 2016 timber sled 137 sx or this 2021 yeti 129 free ride.
5K for the timber sled 6K for the free ride with gas cans bag and all that stuff.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
If he was asking $2000 for a 2016 timbersled SX in perfect condition then that might be a tough choice. Way outdated technology.

C
Sep 8, 2014
Crested Butte
The yeti manual says 62 links for the chain.
I was thinking about getting a new chain to have as a spare. Vx3 130 i can get two sections out of it.
Is it 62 links plus a master?
Should I just try to count the links while it's on the bike?

Premium Features