• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Turbo Kit

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
People have been mounting reeds in the air box for many years (20+) as well at verticle mounting turbos. Not likely that Polaris “copied” anyone, they just built what they thought was the best functioning kit for the maytrx platform.
The difference is someone did it right! and actually put in the R&D time and money at a higher level than anyone else ever has. For you to act like its all been done and nothing new is only pure ignorance of you never having seen or experienced such integrity and performance.
From the first time I question and called out SOLID they answered and put it on the line to test and develop the kit and tuning. You and everyone else knows I don't fuk around and will say it how it is.
SOLID unlike anyone else has daily interaction with anyone that bought a kit! No one has support like that!
They are also still making it even better every chance.
no comparison to boondicker or slober.

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
The company is called Solid, they figured out a way to oil it vertically. They have a facebook page up. https://www.facebook.com/solidturbo/. Thats where i got the pictures
We oil the top set of bearings through the turbo outlet and modified the center section so it redirects the oil to the top set of bearings. We also control the amount of oil running to the turbo using check valves so when the turbo is flooded it returns the oil back to the injection oil tank rather than pumping it past the seal on the turbo like BD and Silber.

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
They actually have proof it does so you should quit assuming. This kit destroys the doo boost for boost.
They actually have proof it does so you should quit assuming. This kit destroys the doo boost for boost.
Those reeds work just fine, the crank pressure is higher than those reeds in the charge box will ever see. As far as the sealing, the leak is very minimal and as long as its a constant you can tune around it.

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
Now a days everyone is plugging the drain port on turbo and supplying oil with the factory oil pump, Which is working well. This keeps the cavity full of oil all the time no matter the angle. I’d assume these guys are oiling this way too.
Negative. Please see attached picture. We use Viton washers on all of the mating surfaces.

MODIFIED CENTER SECTION.jpg

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
We oil the top set of bearings through the turbo outlet and modified the center section so it redirects the oil to the top set of bearings. We also control the amount of oil running to the turbo using check valves so when the turbo is flooded it returns the oil back to the injection oil tank rather than pumping it past the seal on the turbo like BD and Silber.
The green oil line comes from the oil pump. The brass 1lb check valve runs to the turbo and prevents the center section from forcing oil back through the feed line when the center section becomes pressurized under boost. The white nylon 2.5lb check vale controls the oil going to the tank. The process ->: When the oil comes out of the the pump it can go one of two directions. Since the turbo feed line has a 1lb check valve and the return line has a 2.5lb check valve the oil will be directed to feed the turbo. When the turbo is full of oil it seals and now the path of least resistance is through the 2.5lb check valve and it returns oil back to the injection oil tank. Pretty simple design but it works well. The cat pump is a positive displacement piston pump, it has no by-pass and will put out over 35lbs + of pressure. When you deadhead the turbo and do not have a by-pass it will force the oil past the seals on the turbo. This is why turbos smoke and charge tubes are full of oil.

OILING WITH CHECK VALVES.jpg

Solid Turbos

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2018
UTAH
Who’s turbo kit? I’m no turbo expert but I didn’t know you could place the turbo vertically instead of the normal horizontal way. Thought something to do with turbo lubrication.
You are correct. An oiled Turbo mounted vertically will fail because the top set of bearings will not get oiled. We figured out how to oil the top set of bearings by modifying the center section

Premium Features